Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[PC] Frets On Fire - Any players?

Options
  • 29-11-2007 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭

Well folks, the topic says it all. Anyone play Frets On Fire, make their own tunes? Or even tried the GH 2 controller with it?

VR!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I've tried it, yeah... only with my keyboard though.

Pretty good fun but I'd say having a guitar would make all the difference.

http://fretsonfire.sourceforge.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I couldn't get it working on my vista powered laptop! Grrr!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I love this game. Dont have any of the GH for the consoles, so i've been playing this for a while now. Finally got over 200,000 on Sweet Child of Mine. Took flippin ages. I can do the solo at the start in my sleep now though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Played it but it only has a few songs and I can't be bothered to make my own, downloaded some "song packs" but they didn't work.

I'll stick with GH.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

It was a big hit at one of the last Gamecons but its a bit buggy and some of the song packs are really poorly made...

Its good fun but not worth the frustration of it crashing halfway through freebird :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Can anyone tell me how to get a GH2 360 controller to work with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Here ya go dude, happy christmas!
    http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/gadgets/?p=160

VR!

I downloaded the most recent version last night and its a lot more stable than older versions :)

Good fun!

Once i get a stable broadband provider (in transition atm), i'll be getting the music packs for FOF and giving it a proper shot :)

VR!

Once i get a stable broadband provider (in transition atm), i'll be getting the music packs for FOF and giving it a proper shot :)

VR!

There are some horrificly bad/broken songs but dont let them put you off! as there are some great ones too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I hate you OP, I hate you so bad! I mean here i am ment to be studying for exams and you show me this game! I'm addicted to it now and its all your fault. Now its even worse cause i have to take more time out of my busy schedule to complain to you here! And now even just talking about it makes me wanna play it more!

:D

But after my exams are over and before my results some out i'll be very thankful for this, but untill then...GGGGRRRRR!

Welcome to slackersville - you can waste your space and we can waste your time!
    You're welcome ;)

VR!

BTW way half my class now hate me too for introducing them to it!

Hah your weekends will also be wasted on it too. It is good when you have a gang playing it.

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭-TK^Creator

hehe yeah great game fun to play in groups aswell as just one person doing it and then giving someone else a try. was at a friends house and he was playing on pc and me on laptop playing same song at same time exactly was so funny when someone messed up and then tries to blame other person for it.

mind u the frets folder is now like 3gb now with all the songs i got :o

• Registered Users Posts: 43,909 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Whoa whoa..

Frets On Fire [for Mac] + GHIII Guitar = Happy Days!

Will try it out later! :D

mind u the frets folder is now like 3gb now with all the songs i got :o
    Yeah - that's sort of holding me back. Song packs are massive and I don't have this disc space to spare :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

is it just me or am i doing something wrong

downloaded it, installed fine no problems. But when i play a song im hitting notes but nothing happens except it goes grey, and every note seems to have to be held, some have lil nipples in the circle some dont

score never changes?

i dont know if im hitting or missing, seems a bit poor to me tbh

Well it is open source, so it'll always be improved on time and time again.
    I've only ever played it with the songs it came with, and never had any issues.

VR!

LOL i wasnt pressing fret button proper, now its great fun :)

class game :)

downloading a whopper pack that has loads of songs

• Advertisement

LOL i wasnt pressing fret button proper
    When I played first I didn't realise you had to 'strum' with the enter key.. was just hitting the notes and wondering what the hell was going on :D very frustrating.

would the wirless 360 guitar work with this, could be great fun but keyboard wrecks my head, i aint got a nice keyboard to use like you should...

unless i get my old one down

fret button very confusing

would the wirless 360 guitar work with this, could be great fun but keyboard wrecks my head, i aint got a nice keyboard to use like you should...

unless i get my old one down

fret button very confusing
    Well.. that's what i'm about to try now.

My MacBook has inbuilt Bluetooth so gonna see if it'll sync with my GH3 keyboard and 'Frets on Fire'.

If so - hurrah!

Will let you know my findings.

Well, i couldn't find much about using the GH3 XBox 360 guitar with FoF online.. and i couldn't get it working.

Mainly because the first rule on the Frets on Fire forum says if your computer can detect your device / guitar, you can use it in FoF but my Mac wouldn't detect it.

Switched on the bluetooth on my Mac and couldn't get it to find my guitar. Anyone find a guide or documentation stating it will or won't work just to put my mind at ease?

As far as i know the GH3 guitars aren't bluetooth, they are some sort of RF radio but i dont think its just standard bluetooth

conzymaher wrote: »
    As far as i know the GH3 guitars aren't bluetooth, they are some sort of RF radio but i dont think its just standard bluetooth
    Ahhhhhhhhh.. that explains it! :(

gah! Freebird solo is killing me :(

Either the song is broken, or the huge tempo change is throwing me because i cant seem to hit a single note once i miss one :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

If you want the wireless 360 guitar to work with FoF you'll need to buy the Microsoft Wireless Receiver.

conzymaher wrote: »
    gah! Freebird solo is killing me :(

Either the song is broken, or the huge tempo change is throwing me because i cant seem to hit a single note once i miss one :/

Only playing on easy, but its the same here, miss a part where your button tapping and you'll never get it back!

• Advertisement
Advertisement