Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

would you believe last sunday

• 29-11-2007 1:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

i was wondering if anyone seen the above last sunday, it was about a nmother who gave up her son for adoption. I enjoy it because as an adoptee it helped me see adoption from a mothers point of view. she said that she missed her son every day since she parted with him and it left me wondering if my own mother still thinks of me even though she gave me up for adoption nearly 60 years .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

I saw it Marie and thought it was heartbreaking.... The lady herself was living, for 26 years, with the constant pain of having given up her son under difficult circumstances. I think it was good that the birth mother's point of view was dealt with in the programme and I hope that her son sees the programme as a positive and also confirmation of how much he was loved when he was given up.

I know people are different but I do think that the birth mother must, in most cases, live with the loss of their child... You have to remember that back then a lot of people had no choice....

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lilyrose

sounds interesting . any one know if it will be repeated?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭MaryMagdalene

Time may dull the ache but the wound never closes; we remain incomplete.

I didn't see this program but I'm glad it was aired as the majority of n/mothers are condemned to grieve in silence.

Advertisement