Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hairdressers-sitting as a model for a student hairdresser?

• 29-11-2007 1:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭

I was just wondering what people think about sitting as a model for a student hairdresser in Toni & Guy? I'm in australia at the minute and need a cut and hightlights......but as I'm strapped for cash and the prices are through the roof I was considering sitting as a model?

What do people think, are the students well supervised? Anyone have any experiences?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i went to the toni and guy training school years ago, they ruined my hair. never again

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

went to Toni&Guy, got butchered. They cut your hair the way of the style they're learning that day. Its not like you can go in and say hey i'd like an inch off the length and tidy up the layers.

Could be worth it tho for the colour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Went to Toni and Guy early in September, they cut and coloured my hair exactly the way I wanted it. A round layer all over (my hair is very curly), and a T-bar. Cut was free, colour was €40. Would definitely recommend getting your hair done there as a model for a trainee- the supervision level is great, the trainees are all in their final months of four years of training so they're well able for it. Big thumbs up from me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I got my hair cut by a student in the David Marshall school on Georges St. It was the best cut I ever got! the student took about 3hrs though but afterwards a supervisor came over and fixed all the dodgy bits. The only downside for me was the lenght of time it took.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,951 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Papergirl 1

Thanks for the replies guys, sure I might as well give it a shot!

Advertisement