Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to confront a possible bully

Options
  • 29-11-2007 2:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭

Hey Folks

Here is a one new one for ya. I believe that a certain poster is delibertly trying to get me banned. The poster is making replys to my posts and saying quite provoking things aimed at my ego and trying to get a rise from me. Then when I compose myself and get on with my posts the poster deletes the posts and sometimes I might have answered the post so it looks out of context.How can i ask this person to leave me alone without getting banned.Can I PM the person and explain this to them and ask the person to stop.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

A difficult one, some of the smods may have some good advice for you, If the user is trolling or baiting you, you should be careful not to re-act, post a considered response and if it look like a deletion may make your post look out of context, quote the poster, using the "quote" icons.

Alternatively, if there is clear evidence of trolling/baiting, contact the moderator with examples.

and Finally, just put the user on ignore.

If you dont react they will eventually get bored.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I would also suggest, if it continues and you have good evidence of it, you can always either post a link to the threads in question here or by PM and we'll have a look and decide what action can be taken, if any.

As Vex said his posts can just be ignored by you until he becomes bored. You have the option of putting him on ignore so you never have to read his crap again.

You can report the post and the forum mod will take a look (reported comments will be on record in the 'reported posts forum' even if he decides to delete them later.)

Do not engage him by PM, it only gives him the attention he requires and will most likely get you no where.

Advertisement