Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Folklore 20010

Options
  • 29-11-2007 2:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

Can anyone here from this class tell me if Bairbre has given any hints about the exam over the past week?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭PennyLane

In the two-hour exam, we will be presented with four questions, of which we have to answer two. It'll be material from any point in the semester, and it's okay for you to choose a question having to do with a topic you wrote an essay on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Yeah she gave away nothing (other than the format) though she did drop one hint about the hand out in the copy centre, "strongly" recommending it so one of the questions is probably to do with that hand out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭spaceman1

Thanks for the replies. I was just wondering if the questions would be similar to the past exam questions. I better go look up that hand out.

spaceman1 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. I was just wondering if the questions would be similar to the past exam questions. I better go look up that hand out.

What hand out is this?

(I missed loads of the classes and the stupid it not having a blackboard means no notes for me!)

The one you said was in the copy centre.

• Advertisement

Oh yeah that, I thought you meant there was a hand out with past exam questions.

That's not a hand out, I got it off UCD's site.

Here are the questions:

1. 'The way in which Irish Folklore was recorded underwent great changes throughout the 19th century'. Discuss, giving relevant examples.

2. Write a description of the Schools' Manuscript Collection of 1937-38.

3. Write a brief account of either Séamus Ó Duilearga or Jim Delaney as collectors of folklore.

4. Give an account of some of the more influential approaches to the study of folklore, in the past and in the present.

Advertisement