Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Finally The Rock has come back to Raw?

• 29-11-2007 5:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

WWE is trying to line up big surprise names for the three-hour edition of RAW on 12/10. WWE has even put out feelers to former WWE Champion The Rock for a surprise appearance. Expect WWE to pull out some big surprises for the show.

Source: The Wrestling Observer.
    Dave Meltzer is reporting that WWE is trying to line up some huge surprises for the RAW 15th anneversary special next month.

WWE has contacted former WWE Champion and Hollywood star Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson for an appearance. Johnson has done taped segments but has not appeared live in many years. While he has made an effort to distance himself from pro wrestling, the feeling within WWE is that Johnson has solidified himself as a legitimate actor and is beyond the point where appearing on a special WWE show would hurt his image.

The 3-hour special will air Monday night December 12th. The show will start 1 hour earlier, at 8PM eastern. Expect WWE to stack the show with a lot of star power and PPV caliber matches.

Source: Wrestling-Radio

Anyone think this might happen? Personally I think there's more chance of it being another taped segment although I would tune in just to see that.

Would be brilliant if he showed up though. Rock and Santino segment maybe? :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

well if he does, he is going to look comparably tiny to other guys in WWE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

As long as he cuts a promo for ten minutes I'll be happy.

Couldn't care less if he's in a match or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

It would be great to see the Rock again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

I would love to see him one more time. Doubt there'd be a match though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I doubt he'll come back. It could be good all the same
    Ph3n0m wrote: »
    well if he does, he is going to look comparably tiny to other guys in WWE

The WWE guys are looking a lot smaller these days themselves. There's photos of Lashley up on WWE.com from some recent thing he did, and he looks about half the size that he used to be, goin to be interestin to see if he's recognisable when he returns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

Would be a hude pop if rock appeared live.....think i'll watch this raw just in case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Fozzy wrote: »
    The WWE guys are looking a lot smaller these days themselves. There's photos of Lashley up on WWE.com from some recent thing he did, and he looks about half the size that he used to be, goin to be interestin to see if he's recognisable when he returns

Lashley is smaller because he f*cked up the muscles in his arm so he wouldn't be doing any upper body work out just rehabing it.

Also you forgot the best part about that photo, Lashley has hair!

Brimmy wrote: »
    Lashley is smaller because he f*cked up the muscles in his arm so he wouldn't be doing any upper body work out just rehabing it.

Also you forgot the best part about that photo, Lashley has hair!

I'd be surprised if he comes back as big as he used to be though. Didn't notice the hair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Austin seems a lock anyway:
    I believe WWE will be announcing Steve Austin will be appearing on the 12/10 Raw. Austin starts promotional work tomorrow for the 15th anniversary three-hour special tomorrow.

~ Wrestling Observer

I'm guessing Foley will show up too. Piper might be a good bet. The Rock is the one that would bring the big rating though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Austin seems a lock anyway:

I'm guessing Foley will show up too. Piper might be a good bet. The Rock is the one that would bring the big rating though.

I really don't see the point of it though from WWE's perspective unless they can get involved in a program that would lead somewhere.

He'd bump a rating but its only a week and if anything it might only make people reminiss about "the good old days" and that isn't good if next week the Rock isn't there and Randy Orton is your guy.

I'd like to see it having said all that.

• Advertisement

I really don't see the point of it though from WWE's perspective unless they can get involved in a program that would lead somewhere.

He'd bump a rating but its only a week and if anything it might only make people reminiss about "the good old days" and that isn't good if next week the Rock isn't there and Randy Orton is your guy.

I'd like to see it having said all that.

I agree with you although I think Foley is willing to do some sort of angle as I've read interviews with him saying he doesn't want his last match to be as a guest ref on Smackdown. Also I think The Rock in a segment with someone like Santino or Kennedy could really raise their stock. When he did those segments with Hurricane in early 2003 it helped get him over in a big way. Pity it didn't last though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

I agree with you although I think Foley is willing to do some sort of angle as I've read interviews with him saying he doesn't want his last match to be as a guest ref on Smackdown. Also I think The Rock in a segment with someone like Santino or Kennedy could really raise their stock. When he did those segments with Hurricane in early 2003 it helped get him over in a big way. Pity it didn't last though.

Jericho + Santino + The Rock = :D

Wonder how santino would mispronounce Rocks name and catchphrases:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Real831

It would be special. No Homo

Big news on Raw:
    They will be doing an Evolution reunion with HHH, Ric Flair, Randy Orton and Batista for one night only.

WWE is now advertising Sunny and Trish Stratus is also back on the list after being taken off earlier today. Sunny had been told they weren't going to advertise her name and wanted her to be a surprise.

"I know you want meeeeee". :D

Why would the three other guys reunite with Orton? Unless Vince just tells them to I guess. I'm thinkin Kennedy will be having a Sunny day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Why would the three other guys reunite with Orton? Unless Vince just tells them to I guess. I'm thinkin Kennedy will be having a Sunny day

Thats what I was think they are throwing three baby faces together with the biggest heel in the company. My guess is that Randy is going to come out and say that he was always the star of evolution and look at everything he has achevied since blah blah blah. Its gonna be Randy v Batista in a champion v champion match and I think something will happen between Flair and HHH continuing the Flair retires feud. Prob a tag match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

There's also a ladder match between Jeff Hardy and Carlito.

Is anyone else really looking foward to this too??

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Is anyone else really looking foward to this too??

Yeah I think this has the potential to be a really fun show. I'm hoping there will be a few surprise returns that haven't yet been mentioned.

I was wondering if maybe they have got in contact with Mr Monday Night himself Rob Van Dam. I'd like to see him on the show as he had some great matches on Raw, particularly in the first 3 years or so he was there. I don't know if he'd be interested though.

I think it's still too soon to have RVD back if it's just a one time deal. You'd have fans thinking that he's returned from his "injury", as well as maybe hurting Orton's credibility when he talks about retiring guys with his kick

I'd love to see Ken Shamrock!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Personally, I'd like to see Al Snow and Head in a tag match ;)

• Advertisement

Would be great to see Ken Shamrock again. Al Snow would be cool too. Maybe Steve Blackman will be there and Head Cheese can be reborn. :)

I'd like to see Sable make an appearance but it's perhaps unlikely.

Paul Bearer needs to be there though. Oh yes....

Return of the proper Kane would be nice.

I'd like to see Sable make an appearance but it's perhaps unlikely.

I heard that she's doing something big soon, I'm trying to remember what it is... Doubt she'll be on Raw though

EDIT: Oh, I think I heard that she might be on Desperate Housewives. I guess it's bigger than a once off on Raw! A mate of Ed Ferrara (Russo's former buddy in creative) writes for that show I think, probably has nothing to do with Sable though

Apparently Trish was removed from WWE's Raw preview yesterday, but she's back up today along with Lita

Carlito's decided to stay with WWE, which is why he gets this ladder match I guess

There's a battle royal featuring people from the last 15 years, so that's probably where you'll get most of your surprises

This is looking much better than most WWE pay-per-views

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

This show will be great just as long as they dont pull any bait and switches, looking forward to it, it doesnt make sense some of it though like evolution but we'll see

Paul Bearer needs to be there though. Oh yes....

Bearer says that he'd like to, but he's already made plans for Monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Paul Bearer is dead :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Bearer says that he'd like to, but he's already made plans for Monday

This is what Bearer posted on his blog:
    Many of you are aware that this coming Monday, December 10, 2007 at 7pm (CT) on USA, will be the 3-hour 15th Anniversary of MONDAY NIGHT RAW. To settle some suspicions, I was contacted by WWE officials last week requesting that I be a part of the broadcast. As much as I would like to do so, my current schedule completely prohibits it. :-(

Bret Hart was asked about Raw on "Off The Record" in Canada and confirmed that he was contacted to appear but unfortunately would not be there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

J.R.,King and Michael Cole reflect on 15 years of Raw. Pretty good listen.

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/vms/raw/2007/december1-7/5978892

I hope the WWE bring back the 24/7 hardcore title for one night only and let the holder at the end (Foley obviously) keep it for life. It'd be a great way to get a load of legends involved not to mention the Hardcore title made Raw for about 3 months

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I hope the WWE bring back the 24/7 hardcore title for one night only and let the holder at the end (Foley obviously) keep it for life. It'd be a great way to get a load of legends involved not to mention the Hardcore title made Raw for about 3 months

I thought they already presented Foley with the belt for life? Or does he co-own it with Edge now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Ah, I'm looking forward to a raw for the first time in about 7 years!

I thought they already presented Foley with the belt for life? Or does he co-own it with Edge now?

I read that Foley has it but I'm pretty sure you posted it. I was thinking that at the beggining Foley could say that it was 24/7 again for 3 last hours and have a load of past wrestlers come in and take it in angles in between the main show. I think it'd get absolutely massive pops, maybe even have Hornswaggle win it in the middle to make it relevant.

On a seperate note, I'm really lookong forward to the Bisch but any chance of Heyman?

Ya never know, although I would say it's unlikely

I read somewhere that Jim Neidhart will be on

Just looking through a list of ex-WWE wrestlers from the 90's, there's so many that won't be able to show up, either because they're dead, they work for TNA, or they've recently been released by WWE or on bad terms with them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Lita, Trish and Sunny coming back woo!

Advertisement