Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The Rick Rubin Challenge AC/DC v LED ZEP

• 29-11-2007 6:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭

I remember reading a while ago that Rick Rubin use to have a nasty habit of asking people at parties and stuff who do they prefer? AC/DC or Zeppelin? Anyone who answered Zeppelin got a smack off him.

So imagine you are in this scenario, and Mr Rubin asks you, what would you say?

Personally I'd be torn as I love both bands. And have spent hours weighing it up. Zep would probably edge it for me but then I'd be on the receiving end of a right hook

AC/DC or Led Zeppelin 25 votes

AC/DC
    0% 0 votes
    Led Zep
    32% 8 votes
    Neither
    68% 17 votes
    Run!
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

He'd get a smack from me first for dropping Trouble and Masters Of Reality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

id take the smack by going for led zeppelin, in fairness ac/dc are good and all but think theres slightly more going on in zeppelins music. id enjoy hitting him back over letting SOAD release two 30minute crap albums claiming that they had "too much material for one album" and for working with limp bizkit. why i oughta....!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

Bet he never had the stones to asked Peter Grant
    Black eye for me fraid but both easily in my top five bands of all time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,635 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

He would get a kick in the nads for smacking me tbh. In fairness, AC/DC are a great band and I love their stuff to bits, but their stuff is mindless compared to Led Zeppelin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭jellikit

I first heard Led Zeppelin over 25 years ago and to this day I can't see what all the fuss is about. Granted , they've written some great songs but I think Jimmy Page is one of the most over-rated guitarists ever.

I guess my answer is AC/DC then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

jellikit wrote: »
    I first heard Led Zeppelin over 25 years ago and to this day I can't see what all the fuss is about. Granted , they've written some great songs but I think Jimmy Page is one of the most over-rated guitarists ever.

I guess my answer is AC/DC then.
    prepare to be flamed sir

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Zeppelin for me.
    A lot more going on in their music. I do like AC/DC but a lot of their stuff sounds the same really to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Much as I like Ac/DC, they're not in the same league as Led Zep. You could argue it's not even the same sport.

Rubin would be sorry if he tried to clock me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭jellikit

Patricide wrote: »
    prepare to be flamed sir

I'd be expecting that! :) I,m not saying I don't like Zep but I just think that the whole " mythology " of the band or whatever you want to call it far outweighs anything they ever did musically. Any of their live recordings are average at best. Thats my opinion anyway.

Advertisement