Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony Ericsson K800i OR Nokia 6300

• 29-11-2007 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

which would should i go for ?

i've been a nokia man since day 1!

tnx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

well I am using the K800i and its a great phone, lovely camera, nice storage (even without a memory card). What else do you want to know about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Get the Sony Ericsson K800i. End of. NO discussion. Buy it now!

right .. I'll give you some reasons
    It's dirt ****ing cheap!
    great screen
    great camera / flash / cybershot / etc
    great interface / feel

(battery life is ****e on 6300.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

The 6300 is dirt ,it wont accept calls .

I've had people ring me as they stand beside me and nothing happens on the 6300 phone.
    The 6300 is a neat looking phone ,but the k800i is not as big as you would think.
    The k800i is a far superior phone to the 6300 and the camera on the k800i is as close to a real digital camera as you can get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

_Brian_ wrote: »

I've had people ring me as they stand beside me and nothing happens on the 6300 phone.
    The 6300 is a neat looking phone ,but the k800i is not as big as you would think.
    The k800i is a far superior phone to the 6300 and the camera on the k800i is as close to a real digital camera as you can get.

people have to stop saying that about various phones. the phone you have is faulty. thousands of 6300's have been sold worldwide and they're not all faulty. bring yours back for an exchange

OP, by the way:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055187473

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭ChicoMendez

hi

i have heard no one speak about the Radio on any of these phones ?
    how is it ?
    reception ?
    battery life when using the radio ?

tnx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

hi

i have heard no one speak about the Radio on any of these phones ?
    how is it ?
    reception ?
    battery life when using the radio ?

tnx
    The k800i an excellent phone.

Re: Radio: it works. It's like any other mobile phone's radio - not worth mentioning; functions about the same - the headphones act as the antenna so the reception is good enough most of the time but not as good as a standalone radio with antenna. The battery drains quickly with it on - but you can plug the headphones into the charger and charger into the phone to listen while it charges/works from AC power. I cannot give you a quantitative measure as I always play a game or text when listening to the radio (I only use it out of sheer boredom.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

_Brian_ wrote: »

Just to echo what Commander Vimes has said - both myself and my wife have on and have never had the problems you describe.

As for the FM radio - I use it all the time. Reception is excellent, certainly better than my XDA I had for the past year.

Advertisement