Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

go Grey naturally or dye

• 29-11-2007 10:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭

29 yr old male,dont wanna go grey but i am ..is a bloke dying his hair sad?
    I dont have that much grey but i dont like it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,653 ✭✭✭✭fits

If you dont like it then dye it. Its really just up to you.

I have to say though, I find grey hair sexy on young guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

I have had Grey hair since my 20's, and slowly getting greyer. (36 now)
    Personally I would say leave it be.
    As fits said, a lot of ladies seem to like it

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Peter C

I have some grey but I go to barber every 10 days or so and get a 1/2 blade all round and hey presto, no grey for a few days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

(40 somthing ) I'm afraid mine is here to stay ......:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

I've had significant grey since I was about 18..... a few years ago! It never bothered me until now. It's almost totally white - old looking. When I look in the mirror, what looks back is not of the age that I feel!!

Anyway, I'd find it hard to go changing colour artificially at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

God, go grey naturally! A bit of grey is very sexy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Started going grey in my mid 20's, pretty silvery (bout two thirds silver to one third black) now (mid thirties)..

To be honest, most women I've met (including my wife who is a hairdresser) ranged from really liking it to not being bothered, but I've never been mad about it. In my twenties, I didn't really care about looking a few years older but I'm a bit more sensitive about it now. :)

That said, I've never hated it enough to dye it, and if are into more classic clothes (rather than dressing in the style of guys younger than you...), it's fine.

My feeling is that when blokes get into their thirties, obviously dyed hair looks a bit vain. Only my opinion, of course.

If you are going to dye it, you should do it before your hair gets more grey and the sudden transformation will be noticed!

Also watch out for rogue grey beard hairs that will give the game away. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Kaldorn wrote: »
    ..is a bloke dying his hair sad?

erm... IMO, yeah, unless it's for fashion purposes when young (blond or black). I knew a couple of guys in their early forties that so obviously dyed their hair dark brown and it looked ridiculous. Esp on one guy and when the sun would shine on his hair, it gave a nice purple tint :D

Also started going grey at about the same age. Funny thing is, it was about at the same time (or a couple of years before) that I stopped dying my hair blond. Ten years later, it's quite grey around the ears. Very noticeable when short but I keep my hair quite longish so it's not really so noticeable.
    I sometimes have a goatie beard stubble but it is almost completely grey, but the women say it looks distinguished :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

Imo there is nothing wrong with a guy dying his hair!!! Grey hair can look quite sexy on guys though, mmmmm George Clooney!!! *Drool*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Grey hair is fine....just ask any bald guy :p

I'm the same as all the other guys on this thread, starting going grey around 24 and now about 50% grey in early 30's.
    The gf has said that for wedding photo purposes she would insist on some colouring to the hair (in her words she doesn't want people wondering who the old bloke in the photos is) but apart from that she likes it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭dubdcugirly

My cousin has had completly grey hair since he was 27 and he is never short of dates

Dont dye it, not coz its silly if u really want to do but...

George Clooney need I say more...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Now if only i looked like clooney ??? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

I'm 30 and have a smattering of greys but it's barely noticable. The day I turned thirty, swear to God, I developed small grey patches on my temples.
    I'm not going to dye it. It looks artificial and vain IMO. I don't dress very fashionable so I don't need to look young. I dress in a way I think is cool and which I can pull off and if you're comfortable with your own sense of style then who cares about grey hair. Gives you some gravitas too;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

have to agree, the grey hair thing on guys is hot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Im 25 and have been going grey for 8 or 9 years at this stage.
    Its only hair, who really cares at the end of the day?
    If it makes you feel better then dye it, i couldnt be bothered as it would require
    me to redye it every 4-6 weeks ( so i was told )
    Sounds far too much like work so i just keep it short with a 1 blade does the trick

Advertisement