Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Badger Gates?

Options
  • 29-11-2007 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

Need to find somewhere that i can buy badger gates to install in a fence line but so far have hit a brick wall...

Does anyone know of anybody in ireland that supplies these? They are basically like a 'doggy flap' in a door, except they accomodate badgers trying to get through a fence off the roadway.

Any suggestions greatfully appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

Thanks srameen, i had seen that but was hoping to get an irish supplier... Doesn't seem to be any though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I think Fingal County Council had to install them when building the motorway, up north of Dublin Airport...maybe their Environmental Officer could tell you who put them in. There were badger setts on both sides of the road. There certainly are environmental consultants working in Ireland who survey for setts, maybe if you looked in Yellow pages and phoned up to ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Contact the National Parks and Wildlife Service. They employ Wildlife Rangers countrywide, who are tasked among other things in the welfare of badgers.

www.npws.ie I think

Advertisement