Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

difficult one

Options
  • 29-11-2007 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭

I know those kind of threads were here thousand of times but I need help buying Christmas present for my bf.
    It's difficult though because as my bf says he has everything he wants. And at this stage if you really want something you can just go to the shop and buy what you want/need/fancy without waiting for special ocassion.

My bf is into computers and IT in general but we both enjoy watching Top Gears so I started to wonder if anyone knows if it's worth buying any of Jeremy Clarkson books?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

What sort of budget are you talking.If you can stretch it perhaps one of those rally driving courses ?

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭Aseth

unfortunately I'm a good example of people who should first read what you, mods, have to say and read the sticky's ;)

Looking for an idea I read "Gift Sites [lots o' links!]" and found really cool site :)
    thanks anyway for the reply - it may come handy next Christmas ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

I'm in the same boat as u OP, i'm thinking of getting my BF as PS3

What about getting you BF a dvd of Top Gear. I seen a DVD of all the Top Gear Challenges on some website and HMV have a Top GEar Collection DVD?

Rally Drivinig Courses?

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭Aseth

dlambirl wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat as u OP, i'm thinking of getting my BF as PS3

What about getting you BF a dvd of Top Gear. I seen a DVD of all the Top Gear Challenges on some website and HMV have a Top GEar Collection DVD?

Rally Drivinig Courses?

Well we decided to buy a Wii for ourselves for Christmas ;) and we have PS2 already.
    And Top Gear [except for some episodes] is imho not sth you could watch over and over again.

I went to this website:

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/

and I found it really really great with tones of gift ideas.
    My bf mentioned once wanting a RC plane so I will get him this one:

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/toys-games/top-toys/sky-soldier/index.html

and maybe one or two gadgets from the page[running-away alarm clock is phantastic - and a good joke, too - at least untill first use ;)].
    Browsing through other sections I also managed to decide what to get for the rest of family.
    So it looks like I'm sorted for this year :)

You could also check www.thinkgeek.com as they have a lot of nice gadgets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭charba

Just going back to the OP's questions about the Jermey Clasrkson books. They are a good read but most of them are just his articles from his columns expanded. But if you haven't read the articles they are good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement