Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audio Video Signal Interference

Options
  • 29-11-2007 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've a (rather expensive) Philips AV sender hooked up to sky+ box sending to bedroom upstairs. However, I'm getting some kind of interference. I've switched off wireless internet, microwave, mobile phones & home DECT phone and still have it. I've hooked the reciever to a tv next door to where the sky box is and still there. Anything I'm missing that might cause the interference?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Homer

What kind of interference?
    Has it always been there or has it only started recently? i.e. has something been introduced recently that might be conflicting with the sender?
    Have you tried the different "channels" available on the unit?
    Most units have several channels available to try and avoid this very issue.
    Usually selectable on both the sender and the receiver i.e. channel 1,2,3,4 or a,b,c,d?

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭higster

What kind of interference?
    Sound crackling (badly) & lines going across screen.

Has it always been there or has it only started recently? i.e. has something been introduced recently that might be conflicting with the sender?
    Has been there since moved into house about 9 months ago.

Have you tried the different "channels" available on the unit?
    Most units have several channels available to try and avoid this very issue.
    Usually selectable on both the sender and the receiver i.e. channel 1,2,3,4 or a,b,c,d?
    Yep, has 4 & tried them all but with little/no difference (bar channel 4 knocked out my wireless broadband)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Have you eliminated the likes of:

Fluorescent lighting.

Central Heating pump/motor

Fridge compressor

Is the interference there all of the time, non stop? or is it intermittent?

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭buildabong

What about building a Faraday Cage?

Errr might have to be a bit bigger then a biscuit tin though!!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭higster

Fluorescent lighting.
    None in the house

Central Heating pump/motor
    tried it with heating off, no joy

Fridge compressor
    Hmmm, didn't try that...

Is the interference there all of the time, non stop? or is it intermittent?
    All the time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Doodler

Plasma screens and LCD screens can cause interference on remote senders so I'm guessing this might be the case with the AV sending part too.

Also CFL bulbs can cause problems I'm told, but I think you've already discounted this.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,085 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Perhaps the fault lies within the video sender. If it's inside the guarantee period, take it back.

I recently bought wireless headphones from Maplin. I spent a couple of hours trying to get them to work without interference, switching everything off and on that could have been the cause.

I then bought some relatively cheap Lidl ones and they worked straight out of the box, no messing.

Probably a different signal set-up to AV senders but it shows that any fault isn't always where you expect it to be.

Advertisement