Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

...problem with wireless router

Options
  • 29-11-2007 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

hey,
    can't figure this out, absolutely wrecking my head so i'd appreciate any advice.

I have an external modem for m broadband(not wireless). I bought a wireless transmitter and hooked it up to the modem via ethernet to transmit to my laptop, worked fine for the first few days. Then it used to work and not work intermittently, i used to click 'repair connection' and reset the wireless router and it would work the odd time. Now its not working at all. Sometimes it shows the wireless connection and then when i connect it can't. sometimes says ' could not acquire ip address'.

I have no idea whats going on, it seems to have a mind of its own!
    any ideas?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,004 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

A few more details would help.

Model of Modem -
    Model of Router -
    What wireless security you're using -
    What Operating system you're using -

• Registered Users Posts: 47 _hybrid_

zyxel prestige 600 modem
    edimax ew-7206APg router

Using avg antivirus and mcafee, tried disabling them to no avail
    windows xp on both computers. not certain of its sp2 on the laptop, don't know how to check?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭IncredibleHulk

_hybrid_ wrote: »
    zyxel prestige 600 modem
    edimax ew-7206APg router

Using avg antivirus and mcafee, tried disabling them to no avail
    windows xp on both computers.
    not certain of its sp2 on the laptop, don't know how to check?
    Start/Right click my computer/properties/general tab

Advertisement