Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

No NCT abroad

Options
  • 29-11-2007 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there!
    I will be taking my car to continent by the end of the year. I have no NCT on the car - car is going to be exported, and basicly I can't get NCT done before that date as everything is booked for over a month from now. I will be driving thru UK and I'm wondering if I can get in any trouble for having no NCT anywhere abroad?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

nct is for driving in ireland only. all u need for driving abroad is insurance and a valid driving licence

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I wouldn't be so sure of that ...

I can very well imagine a German policeman giving you loads and loads of hassle for not having a current NCT cert, because a check for current NCT (or the German TUEV equivalent) is standard practice there if they stop you for any reason and they may well ask you for your Irish NCT.

Not sure what the actual law says, though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭totoal

piter83 wrote: »
    basicly I can't get NCT done before that date
    some guy said before that if you drop off you car to a NCT centre in the morning, they might get it done sometime during the day like if there's a no show, you could chance calling them

Advertisement