Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

StrawberryNet - Customs

Options
  • 29-11-2007 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭

Hi, how much can you import without it getting stopped by customs? I thought it was €65 for some reason? Sometimes i have not got caught, othertimes i have. Just wondering if its a low value do they not stop it at all? I know strawberry generally refund you for customs, but i dont want the hassle with it being so near to Xmas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I was looking into this a few months ago, and it looks like a lottery.
    You might be lucky, you might not be.

I ended up going to http://www.cheapsmells.co.uk/ instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Funny, I was just looking for the exact same information (again).

Cut-off is 22 Euros for Customs, and it's a pain in the backside to deal with them once they "inter" your parcel (a lot of hassle faxing order confirmations about the value of the parcel, getting a postal money order, sending that back to Dublin, and then waiting for them to send your parcel to you...). But it's a bit of pot-luck as well - or as the Customs lady I called in my fury told me "you get lucky, or not". Expect them to check all parcels coming in from outside the EU, especially so close to Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭mel123

Thanks guys, everything i ordered was over 22euro, dont know why i thought it was more. I ordered each item seperately which prob averaged about 40euro, so they might let them thru...hopefully!If not sure i will just have to pay it, some of the sets were good value. Last year customs even released the goods when i promised to send a cheque cause i needed it for crimbo...so there are some nice guys in there with a heart :)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Waiting on a package from Strawberrynet myself, well over the €22 allowance.

Sure hoping it makes it through!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Think it's 45 if it's marked as a gift, so you might be lucky.

• Advertisement
Advertisement