Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posting Question

Options
  • 29-11-2007 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭

Is it ok to post about a new forum I have put together ? Its a non profit comunity based forum.It is Taxi related and is aimed at both drivers and customers and I hope for it to be a source for information to help improve the industry..It is relevent to your forum as there are lots of Taxi related question here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

It depends on the forum and of course if you link is relevant.

Some forums have a sticky for useful links, but many may regard your post as self promoting which could see both your post and your posting priviliges removed.

An option is to have a simple link in your sig, and as you post helpful and considered replies, other boardsies may think, you are a good guy and follow you sig link.

Because of the amount of spam the mods clean up, they and we are very sensitive about "free advertising" and "promotion", taking from the community and not giving something back. 99% of boardsies dont see the spam as its removed almost instantly - it is a real nuisance, there may be a perception that this sort of thing is not abused - it is abused and the mods are very efficient and pretty ruthless about the posts and posters.

Out of curiosity What is the site URL :) and what forum would be relevant to post in?

V.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

It could possibly go in Comuting and Transport ? www.taxi-forum.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

They havea useful links thread on teh forum, I have asked one of the mods on the forum, ( the lovely Victor) to look at this and let me know.

Mods cannot post here so I will relay any information I get from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Thanks.

Advertisement