Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Plavsa???

• 29-11-2007 12:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭

hi there,

can anyone give me a recommendation about Plavsa please? Does it really do what it says? My friend has just started taking it and finds it great. I just want to put a bit of research into it before buying it. Any comments??:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

What's plavsa??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭okgirl

From what I know it is derived from shell fish....hence the ads "Have you ever seen an overweight fish".

The ingredients seem very sketchy but the reviews are great of course. My friend started the on Mon and is finding benifits already. She has lost a small bit of weight but has slight tummy upset and 'the trotts'.

Any comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

Thats why shes losing weight then, upset tummy and 'the trotts' mean you weigh lighter as your body purges itself of food in its system and you also lose water and become dehydrated.

Personally, i wouldn't take anything for weight loss, they are a waste of time. ESPECIALLY one that uses an advertising slogan with 'have you ever seen an overweight fish' :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭lilRedSmurf

Be careful, i just had a nose around the plavsa site and if it were a reputable product it wouldnt be so sketchy in the ingredients.

Also if it actually clumps together fats like it says its no wonder its messing with your friends tummy. The stomach and intestines dont like it when fats like that clump together cos they can irritate the lining.

If you really want a pill form aid try something like spirulina tablets. It curbs the appetite when taken before meals. Its a blue-green algae that is full of absorbable vegetable based protien and vitamins and B12 and tricks the stomach into thinking its fuller then it is because when the stomach has protien to breakdown it uses up a lot of energy doing it. Good company called Synergy do them here and they're not expensive.

Another word of warning... Avoid at all costs anything that you find online thats a very small number of pills and claims to be a natural antagonist
    There are companies out there selling tapeworm eggs that look like pills to unsuspecting dieters. Instant weightloss but you gain a little friend while doing it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 karry1412

There are companies out there selling tapeworm eggs that look like pills to unsuspecting dieters. Instant weightloss but you gain a little friend while doing it...

Oh. My. God. :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

karry1412 wrote: »
    Oh. My. God. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Are you serious???????? Oh my God! :eek: How can that be allowed??? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Poppers1888

Bought them about 3 months ago, got lots of headaches and didnt loose a pound. Decided to join the gym again instead and finding that much more enjoyable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭lilRedSmurf

MayMay wrote: »
    Are you serious???????? Oh my God! :eek: How can that be allowed??? :eek:

Its not allowed but you cannot check the credentials of much on the net so there are people out there who take advantage of innocent people everyday. Not every so called "company" selling stuff online is doing so legally. Please please please do your research before buying anything you ingest over the net, food supplements, diet pills etc.

Dont go for any slimming aid that does not state that they have FDA approval or the european equivalent.
    Problem is most food supplemets dont actually have to have approval like this so companies use this as a loophole and can get away with selling some seriously dodgy stuff with nothing but anecdotal evidence (thats usually made up) to back them up by simply adjusting their marketing slogans.

Plavsa has no approval that i could find and states that its "pharacutical grade" which makes me seriously wonder... My degree was in aquatic ecology and i have a biology background and there are many many shelfish toxins that can give the same symptoms that the person who started this thread described.

Keep in mind that this is just my two cents tho. I cant find anywhere that has a list of exactly whats in this stuff but if anyone does have a bottle of it somewhere and is willing to send me the ingredients list i can give you much better info.

And as far as the tapeworms are concerned women in victorian times used to eat something called measly beef (basically beef chock full of tapeworm eggs) and they'd do it regularly to loose weight. They'd go to the doc when they were done and get a shot of a seriously toxic medicine to get rid of the not so little buggers. They usually ended up with liver failure, heart failure, permanently damaged intestines and sometimes ended up dying of mal nutrition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭okgirl

thanks for all the info. I have advised her against them but I am not sure if she will take the advice as she reckons she is losing weight. I have also researched them and the info is very sketchy. Leaves me wondering???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

There was a thread on this in Fitness and it showed how dodgy its claims were as well as those of related products run by same company

• Advertisement
Advertisement