Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

van starts but wont move? drive shft?

Options
  • 29-11-2007 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

i have a 2000 citreon berlingo and for a while now there has been a knocking from the drivers side wheel when you lock the steering to either side, but last night it just gave up on.
    Now when i start it and put it in to gear it is dead and makes a knocking sound that gets louder depending on what gear i was in is this a drive shaft or what? would it be easy to change with a bit of help from a manual?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

It sounds like the outer CV joint has gone !

TIP: - When you hear a noise from your car, or van, get it check out !!

A failed CV joint could also affect your steering and cause an accident !

Get someone who knows what theya re doing to look at it for you, and no they are not that difficult to replace, just a bit awkward, you need someone who has done it before !

Advertisement