Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs on a stud farm

Options
  • 29-11-2007 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello

I was wondering if anyone could please help find some if any info as to how i would find any positions on a stud farm.I would be extremely grateful for any small bit of input from people.

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Coonagh Cowboy

Hello,there is one site that I have used in the past that might be helpful to what your looking for.http://www.yardandgroom.com
    You can search yards that are hiring in your area.Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭otwb

Lots of letters and the Irish Field...are you looking for full time work or work experience?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭TheB

Another way (if you are brave enough) is to call into yards with a CV.. pick a time they won't be hectic (as per usual yard standards :) ) and find the head honcho - have a chat if time and leave your details..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

have you tried equi people they might be of help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭The Novacastrian

if you are looking for work in kildare PM me and i'll give you a number to call

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Miss Tequila

ye yardandgroom.com is really good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 NaomiRichardson

rochey! wrote: »
    Hello

I was wondering if anyone could please help find some if any info as to how i would find any positions on a stud farm.I would be extremely grateful for any small bit of input from people.

cheers

Hi the best way to search for jobs on stud farms is by looking on careers in racing or by looking on the racing post website under jobs. Also look on the National Stud website where they offer courses to qualify to work as a stud hand. Regards and Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Miss Tequila

I'm thinkin to go to National stud, i will fill out the application form tomor. i think Uk is better than Ireland..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

The Irish Field 'classified' section at the back of the paper is also a good place to work.

Advertisement