Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning!

Options
  • 29-11-2007 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭

Just a warning to all

I was broken into lastnight while i was asleep in my bed. Thankfully they did'nt get much. but it is getting to that time of year again. I'm in the south Kildare area (Athy/Castledermot) and theres been a spate of breakins around here.

So just be vigilant

Hezz

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭foxhunter

Sorry to hear that hezz .Did you not hear the C###'s going around the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Sorry to hear that Hezz, happened to me last year. Gits. Happily, they weren't able to get into the gun safe, but it's still a pain in the rear end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Sparks wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that Hezz, happened to me last year. Gits. Happily, they weren't able to get into the gun safe, but it's still a pain in the rear end.
    That's an unusual place to keep your gun safe!
    Is it secured with large rawlbolts, and impervious to attack with crowbars?
    :D:D:D

Anyhow , commiserations Hezz, I hope I never have to deal with such an event.
    Did they trigger any alarms?

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

I never heard a thing, but i live in a big old farm house and you can hear sweet F.A from the next room let alone and different floor.
    They broke in through the backdoor and came up the back hall into the kitchen but did'nt venture any further as far as i can make out.all they took was a laptop and some bottles of cheap wine. so i reckon they were'nt serious crooks, but more likely local scumbags.

The external alarm was not switched on(my bad):o. The internal safe room alarm is always on. even if they managed into that room they would still have disengage the sonic alarm and break into the innner safe

I'm just so F#@*ing furious that they were in my home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Hezz700 wrote: »
    I'm just so F#@*ing furious that they were in my home.

A horrible violation.... Thankfully nobody was hurt either...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭foxhunter

Happened to me 3 years ago at around this time of the year in the middle of the afternoon .I went to every car boot sale for weeks after lookin for my stuff all i can say is i didn't find it lucky for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭les45

Hezz.

I am really sorry to hear of your misfortune , a wake up call for us all . I am fortunate to have some very good friends in the Athy area , the local Ford dealers .

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Bas...ds. Sorry to hear it. Thanks for warning. Bad enough being broken into while you're gone but while you're there ! Did they know you were in ?

Things are gone to the dogs

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

Did they know you were in ?

Dunno, but they did'nt go through the front end of the house or go upstairs. so they probably did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Hezz700 wrote: »
    Dunno, but they did'nt go through the front end of the house or go upstairs. so they probably did.

Things are gone to the bad !

• Advertisement
Advertisement