Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

exemptions from acca

• 29-11-2007 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭

hi

when people get exempt from acca exams due to having done the subject in college is it necessary to have just passed it in college or do you need at least 50%?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Leon11

In my college you need a C+ which is a 55%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Climber

For a definative answer check out here:

http://www.accaglobal.com/students/study_exams/exemptions

Progress through the link until you find your college and course. It will tell you what papers you are exempted from. But the final word comes from ACCA. So you must register as a student, formally apply for exemptions and then get your 'cert of exemptions' (this can take 6-8 weeks) only then will you know for sure what papers you don't have to do. If I were you I'd get this sorted first of all, I think the dead line for June 08 exemptions is coming up fast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭seanieclarke

thanks for the help so far.

ive seen that linked page numerous times before but im wondering what actual percentage you need to get in the college exam to be exempt from the acca exam.

the people who got exemptions from the acca,around what percentage would ye have got in the corresponding college exam?

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Climber

If I were you I would just go ahead and register for your exemptions.

By checking out the above link I could see that I was entitled to two exemptions, so I sent in all my details and I got the two. They didn't even ask to see my results, they only wanted to see my Degree transcript.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Sorry to drag this back up (better than starting a new thread), but does anyone actually know the answer to this? I have applied for exemptions but did not get all of the ones I applied for (missing Financial Reporting). Do I need over 50% in all 3 college subjects that make up the exemption?

Thanks,

Cormac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭The CCAinsider

You just need to have passed the exam in your college, whatevery that pass mark was is not relevent. If the subject was too easy ACCA will not give the college the exemption.

Advertisement