Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice needed

• 29-11-2007 3:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

A quick question for ye, someone might be able to help.

I recently bought a laptop on finance through a well known PC company. When I applied for the finance on the day it was applied for on a specific model laptop which I chose myself. The problem starts when I called them to say I was coming down to collect the device and check if they had one in stock which I was told they did and to come down and everything would be ready to sign. When I arrived at the shop I was met by the salesman and he went to get my laptop which after a few mins he returned and informed me that it had been sold in the previous day and they were not expecting any more deliveries for a few weeks. It was at this stage I asked to speak to the manager, He came out and we discussed the matter and he offered that the next model up in the same brand would be given to me at the same price. This I was happy with and henceforth I got my laptop and went a way happy.

A few days later I got a phone call from the salesman in the shop who informed me that the details for the finance which had been applied for and approved for were for the laptop that I never recieved. He askem me if I could call back in to have the paper work drawn up again. I called on two occasions to have this sorted and both occasions resulted in me waiting for up to 2 hours on both occasions to no avail. I informed the shop that I was going on a work placement in Germany for 6 months and that I would not be able to call in to sort it out and that I needed to sort it that day. Nothing was done about it on their behalf until recently I got a call from my parents telling me a threatening letter had arrived from the shop.

What rights do the shop have on this matter as I am and will be away until april of next year. Can I be brought to court even though I gave them 2 opportunities to sort it out and informed them that I would not be around for some time to sort it out. Seen as I gave them ample opportunity to sort out this problem what are my rights?

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Please read the forum charter and stickies before posting in this forum again.

Have a nice day,
    hullaballú.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement