Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mondeo - timing belt or chain?

Options
  • 29-11-2007 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My '01 Mk III Mondeo 1.8 Zetec (petrol) is coming up on 60,000 miles - anyone know if this engine uses a timing belt or a chain?

thanks,

Pete.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Chain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

I thought that all zetec engines used a timing belt.......

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Cosmo K

Chain, definitely

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

There's at least 3 different engine series refered to as "Zetec" at some stage. The Zetec in question is the Zeta-R, I think.

I know the Zetec-SE in the Fiesta uses belts, but that's mostly a completely different engine. Dunno about the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

chain. defo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭aston

Duratec engine....defo chain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Chain driven engines in the mondeo Mk3, so no nasty belt to worry about snapping or replacing. Just make sure you change the oil as per service schedule, and you should have no worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

Thanks guys, just had it serviced and the Ford service manager confirmed it has a chain. One less thing to worry about!

Pete.

Advertisement