Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft

Options
  • 29-11-2007 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭

Ive recently completed MCDST by passing 271 and 272. i logged onto the prometric website and the records show the exam results. I have never received emails from either microsoft or prometric other than confirmation of my exam schedule. WHat should happen?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Have you logged on to the MS MCP website?

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcpmembersite.mspx

Then on the left side you will see "View My" and choose "Transcript" where you will see all your exams taken.

Check out the "Certification Planner" under "View My" so can get a feel for it.

Finally under "Program Benefits" \ "Welcome Kits and Certificates" ask MS to send you out you certification + MCP card.

You should be all set then :)

Congrats on your MCDST btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

Thanks. To register I presume I need a MCP ID which I do not have.

On another note, I have been also looking at 70-621 which is for Upgrading your MCDST Certification to MCITP Enterprise Support. It seems to just be the Vista version of XP's 271. Would i be right in saying this? Is it worthwhile upgrading to MCITP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Did you not use an MCP ID when you registered for your exams?

Check your exam records.

Yes I think its always worth staying up to date with your exams especially once your in "exam mode" because its hard to start back up studying again once you leave it for a while.

With MS new wave of Certs getting more and more press these days, people are going to notice the "MCITP" alot more, which is what you want really..

You should go for it!

the only id I got from microsoft is a test/candidate ID which is 1 character longer than a MCP ID (it seems) I have sent an email to MCPhelp@microsoft .com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

When you completed your first exam you would have been sent 2 emails, one with a confirmation number and password to assign your Passport to your MCP ID. That would have allowed you to access the MCP site. Check the email you recieved a confirmation email for your first exam.

• Advertisement

Thats the thing, I didnt not receive the confirmation email! Sure fingers crossed Ill get a reply to my email.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Ok, when you signed up for your exam, you recieved an email to tell you that your exam time was at and you were given an MCP ID at this time. When you passed your exam you would have recieved 2 emails, 1 with instructions on how to assign your live passport whatever address to your MCP ID and a confirmation code in the second (this could have went into your junk email or whatever!)

Advertisement