Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aftermatch pint ?

Options
  • 29-11-2007 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

After you've been to the game, where is your preferred boozer for a pint ?

I know Reckless uses the Coach & Horses. I use the Victoria.

What about the rest of you lads ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

RichMc70 wrote: »
    After you've been to the game, where is your preferred boozer for a pint ?

I know Reckless uses the Coach & Horses. I use the Victoria.

What about the rest of you lads ?

I always use the British Queen - Spurs Pub, on back street - Need match ticket (spurs) to get in and no away support allowed!! No long waits for a pint, brilliant! Big screens to watch a match before or after - Food, what more could you ask!:D
    http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/11/11044/British_Queen/Tottenham#picture

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

I know the pub well. Just down from WHL Train Station.

Have been there manys a time before the game in days gone by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

RichMc70 wrote: »
    I know the pub well. Just down from WHL Train Station.

Have been there manys a time before the game in days gone by.
    Yes, I am usually coming out on the train from Liverpool street (10 mins) so it works well for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Good regular bunch of freindly Spurs fans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

galinka wrote: »
    Good regular bunch of freindly Spurs fans

Doesn't sound like a Shane and Ronan sort of place :D;) from this review
    Good pre-match drinkin'. Does attract the geekier end of the Spurs fanbase ie: Statto types in flat caps covered in badges but very friendly and reasonably priced.
    Hector_Suarez - 17 Jan 2006 16:06

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/17/17055/Coach_and_Horses/Tottenham

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Hector is a cheeky bastard!

I'd like to see him refer to some of the "faces" who've been known to pop in as geeky...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

Hector is a cheeky bastard!

I'd like to see him refer to some of the "faces" who've been known to pop in as geeky...:D

was thinking the same. haven't been in there myself but I know a few lads who frequent the place and they're definitely not statto types ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Always the C&H. Our local, we're part of the furniture now.

Although The Volunteer sometimes comes into play on the way to Tottenham Hale.
    Lovely little boozer. The elbow room at Bruce Grove also worth a mention

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

We allways go to the Irish centre in haringey, great place just a five min walk from the lane.A few of us went into the brick-layers for a pint once but didin't stay long,it looked like a tough place.

Today started in the Gilpins, moved on to the White Horse in Edmonton (real pub rather than a football boozer) then back to the C&H.

After match was a quick scoot down to the Volunteer.

My head hurts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Did you not find the White Horse a bit rough Reckless ?

The Irish Centre is a great base before games. Nice clean bar, close to the ground and a cheap pint. I've gone in there since I was kid. Used to be busy 7 nights a week in those days. Not so now days as lot of the local Irish have either moved home or passed away.

I was just thinking this thread is starting to sound like an article from the Sunday World's 'Pub Spy'.

Had a few "tour guides" shall we say, so we got on OK. Recognised quite a few from various trips away, has a nice feel as a boozer.

Wanted to try the Victoria on the way back but can't beat the Volunteer for ease of access to Tottenham Hale so we headed there...then found out the Stansted Express was still running from Seven Sisters!

Advertisement