Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you need to stop gaming... FOREVER!!!

Options
  • 29-11-2007 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

Just after watching this video, and even though I haven't played Halo 3 it made me laugh as I do fall into a few of the categories a few times.

Blame Halo 3 :D

I mean if I was to admit it i'm slightly addicted to video games... which got me thinking what would someone have to offer me so that I would never play a video game again. This includes console, handheld and PC games. Any form of electronic gaming, period... for the rest of your life.

Also lets keep it interesting and remove "Money" as an option, as well as vouchers to various stores.

For me it would have to be something like a lifetime pass on any plane to wherever I want to go in the world, traveling always in first class. If I can't game i'd need something else to keep me occupied and I think free travel around the globe would keep me entertained for the rest of my life.

What about you? What would you need? Would you give up gaming for anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

My own personal shooting range with any firearm I wanted as well as a fully trained instructor.

Also I would need all the fantasy fiction books I wanted supplied to me

A fully kitted gym and a chef to cook for me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Vegeta wrote: »
    My own personal shooting range with any firearm I wanted as well as a fully trained instructor.

Also I would need all the fantasy fiction books I wanted supplied to me

A fully kitted gym and a chef to cook for me

Oh... that first one is a good one, should of thought of that. Although I suppose all the money i'd save from not paying for flights I could buy all the guns i'd want.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Hayden Pannettierre, Elisha Cuthbert and Scarlett Johansson to tend to my every need.

Yeha, i reckon i could give up gaming for them 3

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,411 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think I'm too far gone to be saved. I think anything other than being sent to a Jack Thompson run christian gamers rehabilitation center to be brainwashed would not succeed.

Even a woman wouldn't chamge me. If they started bitching about playing too many videogames it would be straight to dumpsville for them. Why can't all women be like Jade Raymond :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

http://www.whistlerbike.com/index.htm

A nice chalet there with spending money and a new bike and skis :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

My own Airsoft skirmish site fully stocked with guns 'n' gear, night vision goggles so I wouldn't have to sleep, and an intraveinous nourshment system, never sleep again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

wife would probly do it(against my will of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

girls aloud, without the stupid accents.

one new set to be delivered each year on my birthday (cloned, raised to age 19 trained to service all my desires).
    each year the old set would be set free to pursue their music careers in some sort of mad ever expanding super group.....which gives 20% to me.

oh, and because im a spiteful Fucuk.....no one else can play games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

a holodeck

though throw in a swimming pool of jelly with the Girls Aloud and that might be awful tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Hayden Pannettierre, Elisha Cuthbert and Scarlett Johansson to tend to my every need.

And Jessica Alba
    Vegeta wrote: »

And a load of hobos to shoot
    Wicknight wrote: »
    a holodeck

though throw in a swimming pool of jelly with the Girls Aloud and that might be awful tempting.

That about sums it up really , just throw in my mates aswell and I'm sorted .

unrealistic ? , yeah ? well so is giving up gaming !

• Advertisement

SeantheMan wrote: »

Yeha, i reckon i could give up gaming for them 3

A wise man once said: "show me a beautiful woman and i'll show you a man tired of having sex with her"

I don't understand all the guys here choosing woman, you mean when you are 80 years old you want to be living with a harem of 80 something year old woman who used to be good looking in their hayday... and this is what you want to replace a life of gaming with??? The mind boggles.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,411 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Which is why uglyjohn has by far the best idea.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Which is why uglyjohn has by far the best idea.

ok absurdity aside... he'd still be sleeping with the same looking woman for his whole life. They might not age but they wouldn't look any different either.

Plus I think its very evil of uglyjohn to want to unleash a good 60+ Girls Aloud groups on the world, 1 is bad enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Giving up video games wouldn't be that bad tbh. Just watch films while playing sports at the same time. Problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Plus I think its very evil of uglyjohn to want to unleash a good 60+ Girls Aloud groups on the world, 1 is bad enough.

you misunderstood me, they would all join one huge girls aloud which gets 5 new members a year.....anyway, i said i was a spiteful fucuk!

but ok, fine....how realistic does it have to be? how about something that lets me drink smoke and do drugs without the health effects?

with GLaDOS in my house to do all the housework and make cake the whole time.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

A Paintball Arena + Badass military training guy like Jack Bauer :p , Motocross track, American football Field + Coach and finally, anyone who thinks " OMFG HALO IS LIEK THE BESTEST MULTIPLAYA GAME EVA" Shall be sentanced to death

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Constant sunshine and a house right on the beach with decent swell for surfing.
    ...That and Jade Raymond.

tman wrote: »
    ...That and Jade Raymond.

i'm guessing you're a masochist, why else would you want to be with a woman who would be constantly showing you all the latest games she's developing knowing you'll never be able to play them. Plus she works for EA goddamit... she must be pure evil

She could describe the games she's working on, it'd be like some kind of kinky pillow talk to me:p
    And she works for Ubisoft, I wouldn't look at her twice if she crossed over to EA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I would only give up gaming if the Aperture Science Enrichment Centre was real and recruiting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Gimme €100 million so I can do whatever I want when I want to and I'll give up gaming forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

L31mr0d wrote: »
    A wise man once said: "show me a beautiful woman and i'll show you a man tired of having sex with her"

I don't understand all the guys here choosing woman, you mean when you are 80 years old you want to be living with a harem of 80 something year old woman who used to be good looking in their hayday... and this is what you want to replace a life of gaming with??? The mind boggles.

1. I think that "wise" man was either A. Gay or B. not getting any :p
    and
    2. I dont plan that far ahead...80 ??...thatll be the year 2065 by then:eek:...im sure i can be cloned to a younger me by then and my 3 lovely ladies alongside me :D:D
    Sarky wrote: »
    I would only give up gaming if the Aperture Science Enrichment Centre was real and recruiting.
    Some Black Forest Gateaux Cake waiting for ye at the end ?? :D:D
    uglyjohn wrote: »
    girls aloud, without the stupid accents.
    Not the redheaded one :P

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Nothing on this earth could ever deliver more satisfaction than knifing a camping sniper, overtaking a friend while drifting around a hairpin bend, murdering an innocent farmer and taking his loot, leaping from rooftop to rooftop in large cities of years gone past towards a target marked for death, taking on the roles of some of my favourite movie heroes, taking part in WW2, capturing a winning flag, getting no scoped long range headshots with an AWP, winning a league with a team of friends, hearing the roar of fallen enemys in my headset....

Honestly, I won't try and deny it.. It's going to take a horrible freak accident involving some sort of machinery, where my hands or fingers are severed...

Then I MIGHT stop playing games :D

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

I would want superpowers like invisibility and the ability to fly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Wicknight wrote: »
    a holodeck

Surely the holodeck is the ultimate expression of the computer game?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Some fantastic suggestions boys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

The ability to be a world class professional footballer...

That way i wouldnt have to create myself in FIFA/PES and score 30 goals a season if i was doing it for Man United every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Giving up video games wouldn't be that bad tbh. Just watch films while playing sports at the same time. Problem solved.
    Try to give up WoW?:p

=-=

Me, unlimited books from all the best military/airforce authors, as well as a glock with unlimited ammo.

Why the glock? Why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Enough mind bend pyscotropic drugs that my life actual become a videogame.

I would of course supply the sound track and sound effects myself.

*Pachow pow, urrrrurrrr KABLAM* "Take that alien scum"

• Advertisement

Sounds like a good idea
    "Piew piew piew", "WHOOOOSSSSHHHH"

Advertisement