Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you need to stop gaming... FOREVER!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

If Jade Goody was put down I'd stop playing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

An ultimatum from my Wife would make me give up gaming!

My gaming has gotten a little out of hand lately, I am a bit of a collector and have 30 odd machines now, most of which are tucked away in my games room, overhead in the converted attic.
    Unfortunately, from my wifes perspective, they are accompanied by a lot of games, and here lies the rub, my missus hates videogames, reckons they are a waste of time.
    This has resulted in numerous shouting matches and threats to my collection are not unheard of.

At the end of the day if she felt that games and my obsession there-in was coming between me and my family, I would get rid of them. It wouldn't be easy but I'd do it.

I know she's right because I promise her faithfully that I won't buy anymore until Christmas, then weaken in the presence of The Orange Box, or Eyetoy PS3 or Zelda Phantom Hourglass, before you know it I have spent €150 and busy looking for places to hide it all!

You should have seen me trying to hide the Steel Batallion controller! And the reaction when she found it in the car boot! Not a good day, not good at all!

So, if you ever see my name on Adverts.ie with a sale of retro consoles, check it out, my marriage may depend on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    An ultimatum from my Wife would make me give up gaming!

I thought about this myself, but would someone who loves you really ever make you give up something you love because they have an opinion about it that differs to you?

Whenever my wife remarks about my games I usually remind her of my brother-in-law whos hobby it is to build old muscle cars, he spends nearly every waking hour on these things and currently has blown over 100k on building a replica of the black Mad Max car. In comparison, my gaming is nothing.

Although everything in moderation and all that. Its been particularly bad over the last few months due to the plethora of games getting released. But it seems to be dieing down now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Immortality, an innate hatred of games, and all the women previously mentioned on this thread, with regular clone updates if I so desire. Or any others I choose in the future,

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

like said above, i think the misses plays a big part :P

if my girlfriend gave me an ultimatum id hesistate for a long time but chose her, previous girlfriends no but this one i think is the one so id do naything to please her

LUCKILY for me, she isnt a psycho bitch and doesnt mind me gaming and even watches and is kinda supprotive in a way :P

she looks online the odd time and congratulates me with a new rnak on halo or new achievements :)

I'd say id need something fun that would take up my time, but has to be fun. I play golf so i guess id take that up full time :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

yeah no woman could make me give up video games completely and i would never give them up if they were replaced with women

would have to be my other hobbies still

shooting, fitness and reading

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

A handgun and a licence to blow the heads off everyone that i am pissed off with, which is an impressive list, at point blank range.

Then i'd have no problem passing on my Guitar Hero games to a good home. :D
    And that way i'd have more spare time to read the piles of books that are growing on the coffee table.

VR!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

To be honest, If I had to choose between books and gaming, I'd have to set gaming free, life is too short to be ignorant, and I reckon I could always get some of those Fighting Fantasy books if I was desperate!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

robot monkey butlers.....and the mad max car :cool:

Advertisement