Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another murder.

Options
  • 29-11-2007 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭

Body was found in the early hours of a guy who was stabbed to death in Prospect, Weston. Some guy in his 20's turned himself in at 6am over it.

Nasty way to go.

http://home.eircom.net/content/irelandcom/breaking/11630629?view=Eircomnet&cat=Breaking%20News

Man arrested over Limerick murder
    From ireland.com08:44
    Thursday, 29th November, 2007
    A man has died after being stabbed at a house in Limerick.

The victim, who was aged 45, was found with several stab wounds at the house on Lenihan Avenue in the Prospect area of the city at around 2am.

He was taken to Limerick Regional Hospital where he was later pronounced dead. A Garda spokesman said the incident was being treated as murder.

It is understood a number of people were in the house at the time of the stabbing.

A man (25) was arrested at 6am and taken to Roxboro Road Garda station for questioning.

The scene of the murder has been sealed off for a Garda examination.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

It wont end. No wonder people despise Limerick - the state of the place! And what do the guards do, give them a slap on the wrist tell them they were bold boys and let them back out on the streets after maybe 6 months in a hotel!!

its no wonder im ashamed in from Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

supermouse wrote: »
    It wont end. No wonder people despise Limerick - the state of the place! And what do the guards do, give them a slap on the wrist tell them they were bold boys and let them back out on the streets after maybe 6 months in a hotel!!

It is hardly just Limerick where this goes on in Ireland, and more to the point, all of Limerick does not have this kind of thing happening in it.

I get frustrated myself at the seeming lack of punishments, or the seemingly puny punishments, but I reckon the cops have their hands tied badly by the legislation that defines what they can and cannot do.

Why should you be ashamed of being from Ireland? Same stuff is happening all over the globe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭cancan

If people had jobs, they wouldn't be up at 2am in a crowded house on a wednesday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

another murder in limerick? so how many is that for the year now?

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

It wont end. No wonder people despise Limerick - the state of the place! And what do the guards do, give them a slap on the wrist tell them they were bold boys and let them back out on the streets after maybe 6 months in a hotel!

What do you expect them to do?

They're not allowed touch these people without due process. The are only allowed a baton to protect themselves fer chrissakes, while any decent crim has at least one shotgun. They're wages are nothing to write home about, and all they ever seem to get from the public is grief over not catching the bigger criminals. They spend an enormous amount of time doing paperwork for a completely inefficient system. Give them the power and the means to do their jobs and only then will we see results. And the only people that can give them the ability to do their job is us, the electorate.

• Advertisement

Xennon wrote: »
    What do you expect them to do?

They're not allowed touch these people without due process. The are only allowed a baton to protect themselves fer chrissakes, while any decent crim has at least one shotgun. They're wages are nothing to write home about, and all they ever seem to get from the public is grief over not catching the bigger criminals. They spend an enormous amount of time doing paperwork for a completely inefficient system. Give them the power and the means to do their jobs and only then will we see results. And the only people that can give them the ability to do their job is us, the electorate.

so your proud of our justice system then are you?

Ok, i understand what you are trying to say about our police, but you have to admit, the system is rotten from the core! And the judges dont make it any better.....

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

Death penalty for murder, work gangs for petty criminals, instead of the hotel service they now get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭Shan75

There should be open air prison compounds and no rights for all scumbags.You would only need a couple of people employed to throw food into them.Let them kill each other for scraps if they want to.You could spray sleeping gas in when you want to remove dead bodies or else just let them decay inside.I dare say not too many people would want to take a chance of ending up in here.This is only for the worst of people though where they have used violence/drug dealers etc.For all other smaller crimes we could continue with a normal prison system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

What an uneducated comment!

U ask what do the guards do? The guards bring the offenders to court. It is up to the judicary after that. The gardai have no power to give " a slap on the wrist"
    The judges give the penalties:rolleyes:

uneducated? nice one!

So you are saying the Guards actually do something about it? Why then do they know the exact names and addresses of the main drug dealers in Limerick and let them off? Fair enough you have to have reason to arrest these people but should the Gardai not be watching and waiting for them to slip up? But where are they................ You'l probably fight back with ''paperwork...'' we all do paperwork, but we get our job done too to the standard thats expected!!

And as for the jodges, yayamark - if you'd bother to read my previous thread you'd see i didnt excuse the Judges. Theyre all as bad as each other. Something needs to be done and needs to be done fast!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

I'd reckon that yayamark was commenting on the uneducated "no wonder people despise Limerick" part of your post.

How many people have you asked in order to justify the sweeping generalisation ?

Add a "some" to the comment and you might get away with it, but otherwise less of the crap, please.....I despise Dublin (traffic, crime, arrogance, etc) but I wouldn't get away with saying "people despise Dublin"......

As for "how many murders", it depends on your viewpoint; while I'd agree with everything said about how the courts and a harsher prison system should assist the Gardai instead of undermining their efforts to get the scum off the streets, I have absolutely no problem with the scumbags killing each other off.....if it happens enough we might actually be rid of them and the 99.9% of normal people could get on with their lives without being tarnished with the same brush.

If 0.1% of travellers committed crimes and a newspaper or media outlet or website had an article that tarred them all with the same brush then there would be uproar!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

uneducated? nice one!

So you are saying the Guards actually do something about it? Why then do they know the exact names and addresses of the main drug dealers in Limerick and let them off? Fair enough you have to have reason to arrest these people but should the Gardai not be watching and waiting for them to slip up? But where are they................ You'l probably fight back with ''paperwork...'' we all do paperwork, but we get our job done too to the standard thats expected!!

And as for the jodges, yayamark - if you'd bother to read my previous thread you'd see i didnt excuse the Judges. Theyre all as bad as each other. Something needs to be done and needs to be done fast!

Whats wrong with uneducated?

So thats how u catch the drug dealer wait for them to slip up! :rolleyes:

Good one.

The truth is that the main drug dealers have very little to do with the actual drug. They have skivvies to do the running around for them. These are the low life who would transport €200,000 somewhere for the measly price of a couple of hundred euro! These are the people the gardai catch.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mox54

the Govt are doing nothing about Limerick!!, too afraid to get hands dirty and tackle serious issues! pathetic, if they commit the resources and the effort they could clean the place up in a short time but tooooooo lazy!!!

I agree completly that they dont do the business themselves but there has to be some way to catch them. If i know who they are and i am just a normal Limerick girl, no connections to any kind of crime or organisations, why isnt something being done? Yes it will be hard to catch them but they have to slip up sometime.

Liam Byrne - i do actually know about 15 out of my 20 or so very close friends despise Limerick. 9 of them have left either with the travel bug and went to Oz or USA or to other cities in Ireland. I agree that Dublin Cork and Galway are just as bad to name a few but they feel safer there than in their own home city.

Less chance of being robbed by pyjamas wearing 25 year olds maybe..... :?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Placid Casual

those gang fellows are scum
    have you seen the graffiti in weston
    horrible

Advertisement