Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My iPod won't play on my 360!

• 29-11-2007 4:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭

Just tried to play an album off my iPod on my 360 and no matter which album I choose, the Xbox refuses to play them. Now I've seen this before if the files are DRM protected but mine aren't!? I updated the iPods firmware 2 days ago, would that have something to do with it?

Anyone else got their iPod with the latest firmware playing on the 360?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I've not updated my iPod for a while, so I'm not sure if it's just you. :confused: Try placing a mp3s on your iPods drive (not using iTunes, just mount it as a drive), then see if you can play these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I'm restoring it completely now, so I'll see if that fixes anything. The firmware I put on it is 1.2.3 and I think it was 1.2 beforehand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Have you downloaded the patch off Xbox Live for Ipod support?
    But there have been numerous reports of the lastest update/firmware for some ipods stopping them working on the 360. No news of a fix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Is it an iPod Touch because the 360 can't do iPod Touchs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Haven't had any issues with my 5.5g, but I think it's only on 1.2.1
    Guess I'll avoid updating the firmware in that case:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Its a 30g Video iPod and it worked no bother on the old firmware. Wonder if I can reset the firmware?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,913 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I have the same one as you, because the music is constantly streaming from the ipod, sometimes it won't work properly (e.g. if I select shuffle it selects all the songs beginning with numbers and the letter A) I did download that ipod patch ages ago though.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭srfc1928

where and how do u download this firmware craic for the ipod?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

i never updated the firmware tbh, ive the same pod as you and works

though i did have this problem before, and i just re-installed the ipod support on xbox and worked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭ongarite

Apple has changed the iPod database with the latest firmware updates so iPod won't work with 360 and other devices that used disk-mode or the old song database to play songs.
    http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/11/25/oh-teh-noez-some-ipods-not-working-on-the-360/
    http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=631228

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Stinger!

Why would apple do such a thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

cause theyd before if you had the earphones in your ear then your ipod plugged through another device

Advertisement