Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

slow pc

• 29-11-2007 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

hey

parents have a pc that is gone very slow and hangs alot.
    it is a gateway with windows xp,i was tinking of clearing the whole system and reinstalling it again.
    I have the gateway system restoration cd,so how do i go about clearing everything?
    Does the gateway cd bring it to its original state when it would have been purchased?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Shad0w

It's most likely a Windows Reinstallation CD. If so then it will give you and option to format the drive...This will clear everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭derby7

Just a Q on Reinstallation CD's, what are they good for, ie. just reinstalling on the purchased PC or any PC, or can u install XP to another PC ? or use it virtually (eg. VirtualPC) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 peppee1

Thanks for that.
    Just wondering will I need a product key for the re-installation.
    Not sure if I have it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭auggie2k

The Gateways usually just restore and image of the hard drive at factory settings. You could loose all your current files but there is most likely advance options when you load the disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 peppee1

cool i'll give it a go anyway.
    Cheers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement