Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on Blackberry

• 29-11-2007 6:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

Hi There

I am thinking of changing to a Blackberry but the options appear to be limited. I am currently using SE K800i on Vodafone.

Have been looking at Ebay but with Pearl, Curve and a host of other models on offer, can anyone offer suggestions on what is best at the moment?

Have used 7290 before but would like smaller unit!

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Akula

Curve by a mile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭cynos

Ive a pearl for sale if your interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

I use a Curve and my wife uses a Pearl
    She had K800 beforehand and no longer uses it since changing
    Free messages between us using Blackberry PIN messaging

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

cynos wrote: »
    Ive a pearl for sale if your interested

Thanks for the offer but I picked up a Pearl on Ebay very reasonably and it is excellent.

The only problem I have is that I am only picking up some messages from my POP3. Not all the messages come through despite the account being set up correctly as far as I can tell.

Log in to your O2 blackberry account and click on send service books and see if that sorts it

• Advertisement

whisht wrote: »
    Log in to your O2 blackberry account and click on send service books and see if that sorts it

Here's the situation..

Had a BB account with O2 from work and had my personal emails going to that as well.

My own phone was with Vodafone so I moved to a BB account with them and deleted the accounts on the O2 service and added them to the VF account. Now however, emails are still going to the O2 BB rather than my own.

As I am leaving the company the O2 BB will be returning to them and I want to get this sorted asap.

I will send Service Books again and maybe this will sort it!!

Ok

So I sent the service books to both BB's but I am still getting emails from one of my accounts to the O2 BB.

Had cleared out the accounts on the O2 BB website and sent the service books then I logged in to my Vodafone account and sent the service books.

Still no joy!!

Any ideas as I am returning the O2 BB tomorrow and don't want emails going to that phone.

OK, when you say you deleted the accounts from the O2 service, where did you do that?
    Did you login to o2mail.ie account and do it from there?

<EDIT> Just re-read it. Seems thats what you did. When you log in to o2mail.ie now, does it show any mail accounts?
    Remember, if you are using the o2mail.ie default account, you cannot delete that, only other POP3 accounts
    Also, when you log into the Vodafone end, did you register the PIN and IMEI number of your new Blackberry and then add the email accounts?</EDIT>

whisht wrote: »
    OK, when you say you deleted the accounts from the O2 service, where did you do that?
    Did you login to o2mail.ie account and do it from there?

<EDIT> Just re-read it. Seems thats what you did. When you log in to o2mail.ie now, does it show any mail accounts?
    Remember, if you are using the o2mail.ie default account, you cannot delete that, only other POP3 accounts
    Also, when you log into the Vodafone end, did you register the PIN and IMEI number of your new Blackberry and then add the email accounts?</EDIT>

When I log into the o2 account it just shows the O2 BB email account.

I did register the new BB on the VF end and then added the email accounts. After I sent the service books today I got an activation email for each account.

However, I still received a couple of emails to the O2 BB!

Strange eh!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭CodedFire

wrong topic

• Advertisement

But the mails you are receiving on your O2 Berry, are they coming to the O2 email address? If so, thats because you cant delete that address from the O2 Blackberry page, but if they are coming to another address, you must have diverts setup for those addresses to send to your O2 mail address

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭darraghrogan

blackberrys are network agnostic i.e. you can type your Vodafone PIN into o2mail.ie's page. Its important to note that you can only set up an account with o2mail.ie uising an o2 imei...

@cynos: What kinda shillings are we talking? is it locked?

Got sorted eventually.......

Seems I needed to leave my messages on the server so that the BB can log on and actually find something there. I have set up the servers for each account to retain the message for one day so now I get my messages to the BB without a problem.

As for the O2 BB, that went back and I haven't heard anything!!!!!!

Advertisement