Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice Italian in Dublin

• 29-11-2007 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭

Need to book a table for 7 for next week for a graduation.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a nice italian restaurant in Dublin preferably in the city centre? Something nice, not too fancy, not too cheapo.

thanks for your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

there is a lovely one opposite where stringfellows used to be on parnell street, its on the corner. i cant remember the name but ill be up that way in an hour so ill post back later. there are one or two nice ones in talbot street as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭earlyevening

What one of the places in the Italian quarter down near Capel St bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Botticelli's in Temple Bar is one of my favourites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

Nonna Valentinos in Portabello is nice and the food is just like you'd get in Italy.
    It's in the old Thornton's place and the atmosphere is really nice.
    Only downside is that the prices are far from what you'd get in Italy tho!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Anytime I fancy an Italian restaurant I go to Boccaccio on Dame street, good food, nice, friendly staff, meals from €11 to €18 euro or so. Can't bet it.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

europerson wrote: »
    Botticelli's in Temple Bar is one of my favourites.
    Beruthiel wrote: »
    Anytime I fancy an Italian restaurant I go to Boccaccio on Dame street, good food, nice, friendly staff, meals from €11 to €18 euro or so. Can't bet it.

I second both of these suggestions, both are excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 beeper

I'm going to Il Primo tonight on Camden street, havent eaten there before but it was recommended to me by loads of people. The menu looks great too: http://www.ilprimo.ie/menus_dinner.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Beruthiel wrote: »

I've been trying to get a reservation here this weekend (I left it last minute!), i called last night and the girl said it was fully booked, then i asked for tonight and she said it was also fully booked! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

This time of year most places are fully booked.

Went to Il Baccaro the other day. Food was nice but not fantastic and their service was way too fast. Apart from that it was nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

Anyway, the best italian restaurants are Ciao Bella Roma and Dunnes and Crescenzi, trust me =)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I love Pasta Fresca on Chatham St (off Grafton St) I may as well move in, I'm there all the time.
    Anytime I've eaten in Botticelli's I've had awful food and service but I know lots of people who love it. Maybe it's me! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

I love Pasta Fresca on Chatham St (off Grafton St) I may as well move in, I'm there all the time.

Used to like Pasta Fresca years ago but it's gone way downhill in recent years. Although I might try it again some time soon to see if it's gotten any better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Da Pino on the corner of dame street and parliment street (spelling). they are superb and do the nicest thin based pizzas.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Cremo wrote: »
    Da Pino on the corner of dame street and parliment street (spelling). they are superb and do the nicest thin based pizzas.

True.Excellent steaks too and the house wine is Faustino!

Advertisement