Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8800gts (G92)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Would it be safe to say that Nvidia will bring out an 8800 GTX and ULTRA based on the G92 or will we have to wait until the next revision(9800 or whatever..) to see high end cards based on G92?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

from digitimes.com

Nvidia is ready for its next-generation GPU launch. According to sources at graphics card makers, the company plans to launch its GeForce 9 series GPU after the Lunar New Year in February.

The first chip to rollout of in GeForce 9 family will be the D9E, a high-end product that adopts 65nm manufacturing. The new product will also support DirectX 10.1 and Shader Model 4.1, revealed the sources.

In addition to the D9E, Nvidia will roll out a mid-range GeForce 9 family product named D9P in June 2008. The new GPU will adopt 55nm processing, the sources pointed out.

http://www.digitimes.com/mobos/a20071129PD216.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,817 ✭✭✭SeanW

One thing I don't understand is that since there already is an 8800GTS and the newer 8800GTSs are going to be a whole different beast altogether, why will the G92 chipped ones not have a new name?

Isn't it going to be a little confusing having two different kinds of GTS?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Well if they do keep the 3 varients , they all have different memory size's so that would not be such a problem. You can just identify them by the amount of memory they have.

iirc they stopped making the old Gts about a month ago in favour of the GT could be wrong though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

*offtopic*

just got a nvidia 8800 gt, but I think my power supply might not be able to handle it, what are the symptons for power supply not being enough for a graphics card (Crysis froze up at a random point earlier,) i'd like to know it was the power supply before pulling my one out of the machine and buying a new one.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Post the make, model and specs of your PSU.

Does this happen during 2d applications?

If it only happens during gaming, its a more than likely a PSU or overheating problem... make sure the card has sufficient airflow as it only has a single slot cooler

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

yeah that sounds more likely...looking inside my case the card barely fits in, its very...long. Might have to buy a bigger case then, hmmm might aswell get a better power unit with it.

hmm Just ran episode 2 for a bit and no problems...might just be an issue with crysis

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Cassiel

Komplett have Gainward in stock for €345. Not a bad price. Still would take a GT in preference though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭TheThreeDegrees

Lads Ive a sneaky suspicion that the 512mb is not gonna cut the mustard for games to be released next year.
    If you can find a 1gb version your onto a winner.
    Having said that it has to be the best graphic card buy around if you can manage not to get ripped off.

Advertisement