Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UEFA Cup

• 29-11-2007 7:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Games tonight, no interest?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

nope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

heh, didn't think so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Mr Alan wrote: »
    nope

Will you be interested when Liverpool are playing Everton in it next Spring?:D

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Nunu wrote: »

Mr. Alan is a Liverpool fan, not a football fan. I think this was clarified when he said he wouldn't go watch a rival in a Champion's League final if he had a ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

1 Hamburg v Rennes (Laying Rennes @ 9.75)
    2 Atl Madrid v Aberdeen (Laying Aberdeen @ 35.98)
    3 Tottenham v AaB (Laying AaB @ 32.4)
    4 AZ Alkmaar v Larissa (Laying Larissa @ 15.73)
    5 Getafe v Hapoel Tel Aviv (Laying Hapoel Tel Aviv @ 25.85)
    6 Bolton v Aris Thes. (Laying Aris Thes. @ 8.63)

High stakes stuff! What games are on e'telly?

Tottenham match is on ITV4.

e telly?

What is that?

DesF wrote: »
    e telly?

What is that?

An attempt at scribing a Bolton accent. Apologies.

Think Peter Kay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Archimedes wrote: »
    Tottenham match is on ITV4.

Also Setanta.

• Advertisement

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    An attempt at scribing a Bolton accent. Apologies.

Think Peter Kay.

Oh...yeah...I get it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Spurs are awful still cant believe we lost to them and imbloody serious :eek:

2-0 to Aalborg, joesoapshould be happy.

kdjac

Nunu wrote: »

good one. We're three points behind Utd with a game in hand in the league. But dont let that get in the way of your clownish remark.
    Mr. Alan is a Liverpool fan, not a football fan. I think this was clarified when he said he wouldn't go watch a rival in a Champion's League final if he had a ticket.

I am a football fan BUT i do not watch all the football available, some nights, I have other things to do, sorry if thats not "hardcore" enough for you. And yes, you are absolutely correct in saying i would have no interest in paying serious money to watch Utd play a champions league final live, and i do find it very strange that someone would want to see their biggest rival in action straight after your own clubs miserable failings against the same team.

BUT my point was more about how the ticketing for Athens was handled.

Ps. Maybe i can understand why a Utd fan would want to be at a CL final, even if it involved your biggest rivals and not your club, tbh if ye were to be waiting around for your lot to get to one, your wait could be quite considerable :)

good one. We're three points behind Utd with a game in hand in the league. But dont let that get in the way of your clownish remark.

He never mentioned United, but its nice to know that you still consider us as the standard you lot have to meet.

And I'll never understand you logic behind the Champions League final story, so we'll agree to disagree on that one. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Watching the Aberdeen game. Disappointed with Athletico, they started well but didn't capitalise. Athletico 1 up at half-time a penalty just before half time.

Switching over to catch the end of the 1st half in the Bolton game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Yeah its been fairly dull.....i was hopin Athletico would humiliate that lot tonight

He never mentioned United, but its nice to know that you still consider us as the standard you lot have to meet.

And I'll never understand you logic behind the Champions League final story, so we'll agree to disagree on that one. :)

as much as it may pain me to say it, Utd are the PL champions and the team to view as a bench mark for our progress in the league.

Eirebear wrote: »
    Yeah its been fairly dull.....i was hopin Athletico would humiliate that lot tonight

I am sure they were cheering for you guys on Tuesday as well ;)

Bolton 1 down just before half time and then Andy O'Brien misses a header from 3 yards out. A bit of a skirmish in the crowd as well.

I am sure they were cheering for you guys on Tuesday as well ;)

Bolton 1 down just before half time and then Andy O'Brien misses a header from 3 yards out. A bit of a skirmish in the crowd as well.

lol...yeah, im sure... although i bet their manager was ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ro2

Never a dull moment with Spurs :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    1 Hamburg v Rennes (Laying Rennes @ 9.75)
    2 Atl Madrid v Aberdeen (Laying Aberdeen @ 35.98)
    3 Tottenham v AaB (Laying AaB @ 32.4)
    4 AZ Alkmaar v Larissa (Laying Larissa @ 15.73)
    5 Getafe v Hapoel Tel Aviv (Laying Hapoel Tel Aviv @ 25.85)
    6 Bolton v Aris Thes. (Laying Aris Thes. @ 8.63)

High stakes stuff! What games are on e'telly?

Is your mate Gareth Bale playing ? Might explain the 2 goals down after 37 mins ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Spurs stuttering back to life.

Mike.

Athletico 2 up now, good freekick from Simao and back off the post and then in off Langfield. Missus is at the Aberdeen game, they have not been allowed go to their seats, but are not being allowed to leave either. She says police are shoving them about, two guys argued with them and were dragged off.

Athletico 2 up now, good freekick from Simao and back off the post and then in off Langfield. Missus is at the Aberdeen game, they have not been allowed go to their seats, but are not being allowed to leave either. She says police are shoving them about, two guys argued with them and were dragged off.

Good old spanish polis....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ro2

3-2 Spurs. Good comeback.

I don't know what the problem is. The stadium is not full and Athletico were selling tickets to away fans during the week. Maybe it is just in the away fans section. I will get the full story later

I don't know what the problem is. The stadium is not full and Athletico were selling tickets to away fans during the week. Maybe it is just in the away fans section. I will get the full story later

Be interesting to see how its reported, (if at all) im not saying aberdeen fans are to blame here, but compare recent Rangers trips to spain with just about every other teams troubles with the spanish polis.
    anyway paranoid bit over

Its time something was done about the spanish police when it comes to football...every single UK team that goes there encounters trouble, and i am sick of it.

Be interesting to see how its reported, (if at all) im not saying aberdeen fans are to blame here, but compare recent Rangers trips to spain with just about every other teams troubles with the spanish polis.
    anyway paranoid bit over

Its time something was done about the spanish police when it comes to football...every single UK team that goes there encounters trouble, and i am sick of it.

Just chatting to a spanish friend of mine in Madrid, she said there was a report on the news about the Aberdeen hooligans causing trouble. She didn't see the entire report, but did say there were police and blood everywhere.

From what I hear from the stadium nobody knows what is going on and it seems that the police are just containing them for no reason

There cant be enough "red ultras" left to cause that much trouble :D

On another note....did Jamie langfield eat charlie adam???

• Advertisement

Nolan comes close for Bolton. My spanish isn't great but here is a story about he Aberdeen game. Apparently 11 injured in clashes with police, the fans were to drunk and didn't have tickets according to the reports. Doesn't make sense to me, the stadium was nowhere near full and Athletico were selling tickets to Aberdeen fans :confused:

http://www.eldiariomontanes.es/20071129/deportes/diez-heridos-entorno-calderon-200711292131.html
    Once heridos leves por contusiones ha sido el balance de los enfrentamientos entre seguidores de los clubes de fútbol Atlético de Madrid y del Aberdeen, antes del partido de la copa de la UEFA en el estadio Vicente Calderón.
    En la reyerta, que requirió intervención policial, se arrojaron botellas y otros objetos contundentes, lo que motivó que todas las lesiones se produjesen en cabeza y manos, salvo una que fue de esguince de tobillo, ha informado a Efe un portavoz de Emergencias Madrid.
    Todos los heridos recibieron el alta en el lugar, después de ser atendidos, dentro de lo que fue una intervención "habitual" en un partido de fútbol de estas características.

Sizzler wrote: »
    Is your mate Gareth Bale playing ? Might explain the 2 goals down after 37 mins ;)

Does it explain the win as well so? Troll-tastic!

Stelios equalises for Bolton 1-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

as much as it may pain me to say it, Utd are the PL champions and the team to view as a bench mark for our progress in the league.

That's it, let it all out! Feel better now? :p
    I am a football fan BUT i do not watch all the football available, some nights, I have other things to do, sorry if thats not "hardcore" enough for you. And yes, you are absolutely correct in saying i would have no interest in paying serious money to watch Utd play a champions league final live, and i do find it very strange that someone would want to see their biggest rival in action straight after your own clubs miserable failings against the same team.

BUT my point was more about how the ticketing for Athens was handled.

Ps. Maybe i can understand why a Utd fan would want to be at a CL final, even if it involved your biggest rivals and not your club, tbh if ye were to be waiting around for your lot to get to one, your wait could be quite considerable :)

Define serious money? As I've already stated, I paid face value for the tickets, paid slightly over the odds for return flights at €200 and got a hotel for €20 a night. I also went to see AC Milan and Celtic in the quarter finals last year and I wouldn't call myself a fan of either team.

As regards the ticketing, I agree with you. Uefa weren't the only ones at fault for the way they distributed tickets though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

:confused:

Jeez, I thought it would be obvious I was just having a bit of banter...and I don't get your reply?

I think you misunderstood what I was saying? I was alluding to the fact that Liverpool could be playing in the Uefa Cup after Christmas if they don't beat Marseilles...nothing to do with current Premier League positions.

Thats all I wanted to hear, goodnight. :D:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Spanish police really do live up to the moniker "filth".

Thugs in uniform, took six weeks for my bruises to fade.

Advertisement