Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bbcradio.mobi

• 29-11-2007 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭

I am trying to use the website www.bbcradio.mobi to listen to Radio 5 Live.

I can only get it to work for about 90 seconds and then get "Disconnected. Try Again?"

To continue listening I have to click yes, then hit options and then play.

This can take 15-20 seconds to get going again.

Does anyone know how to make it not cut out?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Are you with Three - have been telling them about this issue since August with no resolution.

I would be interested in joining forces with other customers to get this sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭PRND

Yeah, I'm on 3. I'd love for it to work properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

possibly blocked due to a rights issue outside the UK?

Works fine over wi-fi so not a rights issue. I'm having the same problem with all 3rd party real streams on Three.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I get 1 minute 42 seconds of play every time I try one of the BBC radio streams before it dies. It was working perfectly fine when I first got the phone though although I cannot remember exactly when it gave up in ralation to me switching from the 100MB to the X Gold package.
    Bluefrog wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem with all 3rd party real streams on Three.
    I was trying to find some other streams to use before phoning them up again so that they couldn't claim it was to do with the streams I was accessing, not that they would say anything other than "it will be fixed in 24hours" anyway. All the other sites I'd tried accessing for radio streams seemed to have put their players in some javascript popup windows making it very difficult to locate the path that you actually need.

What other ones have your tried?

• Advertisement

rtsp://streaming.rte.ie/encoder/radio1.rm and plenty more at http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/pda/rp.asp - I'm getting the same thing from all I've tried and actually 1.40 sounds more accurate as to the time the stream will last before it dies.

Having made a bit of a nuissance of myself over on the X-Series blog over the weekend I managed to get the attention of one of the moderators who has told me he will have 3 Ireland look into this - no promises.

I'm not optimistic given that I told 3 about this back in September but I can't hut (we hope).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

I spoke to customer services regarding a similar issue last week. According to them they do not block any websites. about 10 minutes later he asked me for my IMEI of my 3 USB data modem. i explained it was mobile broadband on my phone and asked do you block websites on that? answer was no again. I asked would it be possible to resolve this problem thru email as i could not talk in work, unfortunately no. (I wanted to see it in writing)

basically i bought wayfinder navigator which downloads the maps as you go, so always up to date. you can download and save maps but it still needs to connect to the net for routing. works great on wifi at home which is useless when im out in the car.

I understand sites with adult content are blocked and things like youtube, ie forcing you to download 3's own entertainment content, understandable, but when I asked why they could not unblock the wayfinder server i was told no sites/streams were blocked at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭PRND

It is awful. How am I supposed to listen to a football match in 1:40 segments?

The one thing I can say is that you can hit stop and then play. It takes about ten seconds but at least you choose when the gap in transmission happens. Provided you do it less than every 1 min 40 seconds.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I have been using Spodtronic to listen to the UK Virgin radio stations recently which do stream perfectly OK over Three. There was an update to their application in the last couple of days I think and they now seem to have added TodayFM to the listing of stations that you can stream.

• Advertisement

The nokia internet radio app always works perfectly. It's just a complete pain in the *ss to add stations to and you can only listen to ones streaming in shoutcast formats which leaves out the Beeb.

Advertisement