Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ALTEZZA SAT NAV - Help...

• 29-11-2007 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi Can anyone help. I have a 2002 Toyota Altezza and it has built in SAT NAV in the dash. I am looking to setup the SAT NAV for irish roads - can anyone tell me how or where I can get a CD to install so I can get it working?

Much appreciated, Gareth. :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

i have heard of people with this problem alot, check with altezza car forums or ebay. i doubt any shops over here can work their magic on the jap pop up screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'm 99% sure it can't be done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I'm 99% sure it can't be done.

yeh i'd say your best bet is to see if you can find an irish sat nav to fit into the dash where the jap one sits.
    There is no conversion kits you can buy off the shelf, one or 2 companies in England that can do the conversion but its not cheap. If your can source a sat nav computer out of an IS200, from the same year and audio/visual system, in theory this should work for you

http://www.tezzaworld.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 trdlucy

Hi Gareth!

Did you get your SAT NAV sorted? I have an Altezza and bought a disk on e-bay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭Rags

It cant be done without a great deal of expense. I have an altezza myself and was checking up on it. There is a crowd in england that will convert it over which involves replacing many of the parts but your looking at almost 1000euro.

• Advertisement

Do you have the contact details of the place in England that converts the SAT NAV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭Rags

Ya the website is http://soarer.tv/jap-imports-sva/Toyota-Altezza-UK-Sat-Nav-Conversion.htm

If you do get in touch with them let us know the details because would be interested myself.

Thanks a mil for that link. I had a look at it and have e-mailed them. I bought the European disc on e-bay, the guy selling it was from the UK so I think it may be the same as that website. It ended up costing me €700.00 cause he wouldn't sell it seperate to the box and screen. When I tried it in my car the disc wouldn't work plus the box won't connect to my loom! I got back in touch with him and asked him could I buy the loom off him and he said the car was gone! What a mess!! I'll let you know what reply I get!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭SecureSounds

Japanese systems are totally different than those sold in europe and a new mapping disc won't solve the problem as the main software is part of the navi unit and not the mapping disc.

It would not be viable to change the system over, by the time you pay for all the replacement parts and new maps. Worst still when you sell the car it goes with it.

You would be better of replacing it with a new one

Would one of your screens sit where the sat nav/TV screen in the altezza is? How much would a full system cost with you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭SecureSounds

We would have to see the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 macawalla

trdlucy wrote: »
    Thanks a mil for that link. I had a look at it and have e-mailed them. I bought the European disc on e-bay, the guy selling it was from the UK so I think it may be the same as that website. It ended up costing me €700.00 cause he wouldn't sell it seperate to the box and screen. When I tried it in my car the disc wouldn't work plus the box won't connect to my loom! I got back in touch with him and asked him could I buy the loom off him and he said the car was gone! What a mess!! I'll let you know what reply I get!

do you still have the screen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 maxylewith

i`ve got a screen and boot loader.Don`t have a factory radio :(
    Did anybody try to turn the screen on without radio?
    I tried with live and negative to all wires in the plug,but screen didn`t flash.
    If it will start i think i will connect any dvd player to this screen.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭auto electrical

try techdoc for the wiring diagram might be of help
    ive always meant to try and see if i could i could replace the rotating screen with an after market screen and still have the rotating mechanism still working just need a customer with a bit of vision to let me at it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sonnylowery

trdlucy wrote: »
    Hi Gareth!

Did you get your SAT NAV sorted? I have an Altezza and bought a disk on e-bay.

hi what is the cd called

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

hi what is the cd called

Hi sonnylowery welcome to boards.

Please dont drag up near 2 year old threads, its against boards rules.

Try pm'ing trdlucy instead.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement