Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lucan Sorting office might be closed

Options
  • 29-11-2007 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,705 ✭✭✭✭

Yipee the lucan forum in all but name :)

Spotted it in the Gazette yesterday that AnPost are making a decision today (I think) weather or not to close the sorting office down near the village and move it to another location, presumably not in Lucan, this will be a pain if it happens as it is handy enough to drop down to and pick up parcels etc from there. Lets hope it doesnt happen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

That is terrible, it is handy where it is, we need it. Does anyone know what the outcome was?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

That would be a real pity, it's quite handy! Any mention of what would happen to that land if it was closed? Any update, Google has let me down on this issue? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Yeah it's handy for picking up stuff you get on ebay and the like. That's unfortunate. I thought there would be reasonable demand in the Lucan area?

First they move the post office into the Centra, and now the sorting office. That's just sad!

There should be great demand, Adamstown doesn't even have a sorting office yet. I'm confused by this, I can't see how there isn't a demand for it...let's hope it stays open.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,705 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Its more to do with size, its not big enough for doing all the sorting or so AnPost thinks, if anyone sees their postman we should ask him what the story is. Very handy location as well, you could even park in Tescos and walk over the footbridge to collect your package.

• Advertisement

Interesting because I believe that Adamstown residents are campaiging for their own sorting office. Right now all of their post is sorted in the Lucan office so if the Lucan office closed where would a new office go?

I imagine it would have to be somewhere between Lucan and Adamstown. Near Superquinn?

Well Lucaners I was down in the sorting office last Friday to collect a package and asked the postie who served me, yes I'm afraid that the sorting office is going to be moved, it will probably be moved to somewhere over in the Fonthill industrial estate, but its going to take a good bit of time for it to move. I mentioned Adamstown and he didn't think that would be a runner. He said he felt sorry for old people as it was very handy to get to to collect their packages registered letters etc.
    So what do people think of Fonthill? I myself am not impressed there is always a hell of a lot of traffic going down to the Fonthill industrial estate whatever route you take.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭manc

quickly seen this on the Liffey Champion and it says it is going to Clondalkin.

Presume covers the Fonthill road?

manc wrote: »
    quickly seen this on the Liffey Champion and it says it is going to Clondalkin.

Presume covers the Fonthill road?

Yeah Fonthill industrial estate, in where Powercity and Smyths are, bit of a pain getting to I hope they will allow parcel collection on Saturdays as it will be a pain trying to get their during the week.

Yeah Fonthill industrial estate, in where Powercity and Smyths are, bit of a pain getting to I hope they will allow parcel collection on Saturdays as it will be a pain trying to get their during the week.

Now that's not good at all! That's miles away! Of course, on saying that, I realise that for anyone living near there it's perfect :)

So any idea what's going to happen to the site of the Lucan sorting office where it is now? Will An Post retain it? More apartments? I can't see a retail unit succeeding there. God, I can remember when the Lucan Fruit and Veg market was sited in that area :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

All these years and I never even bothered to go down to pick something up, and it's so close! Haha.

Jesus I hope there isn't more freakin' apartments going in now.

Maybe a new pub.. yes, deffo a new pub.

Advertisement