Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New VRT Bands advice

Options
  • 29-11-2007 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi guys i dont understand the new vrt thats coming in.
    iv booked a new mazda 3 1.6 petrol saloon for jan 08. its 21900. will i be down money in july if i buy it.

thanks guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

it's not that hard to find out. what are the emissions of the car?
    Find out the current band the car is in and then find out the new band the car is in and do the maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Has anyone done up a comparison table yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

According to Carzone the car puts out (g/km): 162 which currently put it in the 25% bracket and will put it into the new 24%, so you'll only lose a small amount, not enough to put you off buying the car now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭james92

thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Yeah, I've a Mazda 3 1.4 on order also (for mother), not too worried, it seems diesels (prices coming down) and big petrols (going up) are effected most radically. (In general - there are exceptions)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

by my calculations the car in Jul next year will be 21611 instead of 21900

Advertisement