Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am curious where are men who think like Jalaluddin al Rumi.

• 29-11-2007 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭

Salaam my friends. Perhaps there is a location where there is a community of such men. I would be greatful for directions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭Schuhart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭blackthorn

Salam Sean,
    You should look for the Mevlevi order of Sufis which was founded by Rumi's followers. I'm sure you could find them in the UK. In Ireland? not so sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭SubjectSean

blackthorn wrote: »
    Salam Sean,
    You should look for the Mevlevi order of Sufis which was founded by Rumi's followers. I'm sure you could find them in the UK. In Ireland? not so sure.

Thanks, there's actually load of stuff about them on the web it was just a matter of knowing their name, thanks for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭the_new_mr

Sounds interesting. Must give that link a read some time.

//Edit
    Just took a quick glance at the page. Doesn't look like Sufism to me. Seems it's more about the twirling dancing than the thought, contemplation and meditation.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭SubjectSean

The whrling is meditation AFAIK but I don't know if it was something Rumi did in his lifetime here or if it was adopted after he left.

• Advertisement
Advertisement