Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Really poor wireless connection, signal booster?

Options
  • 29-11-2007 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭

Hey, ive got Eircom wireless running beside my PC here, and a wireless connector in my Xbox 360 and PS3 down the hall, the signal can reach enough to connect but i did a test on the PS3 yesterday and it said i had 12% signal strength which means i cant log in to the Playstation Network and i can log into Xbox Live but i get kicked off after about 30 seconds.

Im pretty confident the problem is that the Consoles are just out of range so should i get a signal booster? And if so, what ones would you reccommend that work with a Netopia router?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Bet its interference from a nearby flat or house .

Log into expert mode on eircom wireless router on the normal address http://192.168.1.254/ and change channel to one of 6 7 or 11 from whats in use now ...and then see.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Good idea.

I live beside 2 other houses and a building site while a 3rd house is being but up... I also live beside a Nun convent.

I bet its those pesky nuns!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Bet its the Nuns what got the Power!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Are there other sorts of Convent?

Extend the phone cable as much as needed to move the Netopia closer to Xbox is only sensible solution.

Advertisement