Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Setanta Sports News

• 29-11-2007 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone been watching?

Its a pale yellow/black reverse image of SSN. Not a good colour scheme. I had heard that SSN (Sky) was going to be a subscription channel in the near future.

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Is SetSpor a sub channel?

I'll go mad if SSN is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well its free to view on NTL/Chorus dunno about the rest of the world.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

The tickers at the bottom are a nuisance. Both the same colour and moving at different speeds. The screen is way too full. I don't know what it's like as a channel though. I only had it on for 5 minutes and there was an interview with Robbie Keane on for the whole time. SSN rarely show full interviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

mike65 wrote: »
    Well its free to view on NTL/Chorus dunno about the rest of the world.

Mike.

Its on SKY too, channel 435 :)

Can't wait for Saturday afternoon, wonder if they'll have a panel of ex-pros and who they'll be.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

When did this start? Neve rnoticed it.
    Just flicked it one, wow theres a lot on screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

mike65 wrote: »
    Can't wait for Saturday afternoon, wonder if they'll have a panel of ex-pros and who they'll be.

Mike.

Rodney Marsh comeback :confused:

Has a wikpedia entry already too

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Setanta_Sports_News

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Looking forward to it. Should never have been sacked for telling what was essentially just a bad joke.

Stan Collymore, Ron Atkinson, Rodney Marsh, Neil Ruddock. Now thats a panel.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

On the subject of Setanta, did Pat Dolan get a hair transplant recently? He seems ti have grown a full head of hair pretty quickly, I remember a balding Pat with a receding hairline, wtf?!

• Advertisement

On the subject of Setanta, did Pat Dolan get a hair transplant recently? He seems ti have grown a full head of hair pretty quickly, I remember a balding Pat with a receding hairline, wtf?!

I think he won an auction for whats left of the hair Eriq Le Salle had in Coming to America http://blogg.visir.is/henry/files/2007/08/soulglo.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

lol...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Trampas

Goes to the same barbers as Stephen Ireland ;)

comes out with more hair than he went in with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Wow them dual tickers are messing with my brain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

They seem to be a bit more relaxed than SSN on the dress code. :) Open collar shirts. It's on in the other room and Harry Redknapp's voice is now going through me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Nope, his head has shrunk in size, along with the rest of him, so the hair has less area to cover.

I effing hate Pat Dolan, he was on the bench for Wexford Youths on the last day of the season in Tolka Park.

I let him know my feelings in no uncertain terms, and he was making that "wanker" gesture back at me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

DesF wrote: »
    Nope, his head has shrunk in size, along with the rest of him, so the hair has less area to cover.

I effing hate Pat Dolan, he was on the bench for Wexford Youths on the last day of the season in Tolka Park.

I let him know my feelings in no uncertain terms, and he was making that "wanker" gesture back at me.

What did you want him to do, blow you kisses..:D

DesF wrote: »
    and he was making that "wanker" gesture back at me.

The man is now my hero. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I don't like it. The video is too low down on the screen. Way too much crap moving on the screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I hate these things. There is no reason to have a news station dedicated to sport, when what you are doing is just repeating everything.

Something like Off the Ball is perfect, 3 hours long five days a week. They get good people on the football show, ala Graham Hunter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Eh thats a radio show how can you compre the two!

They should go for the same format...crack jokes and partake in general banter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I hate these things. There is no reason to have a news station dedicated to sport, when what you are doing is just repeating everything.

Isn't that the idea. Viewers can dip in and out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I actually prefer it to the Sky Sports version so far.

1 or 2 nice presenters too for the easy on the eye effect !!!;)

Kelly Dagleish was meant on be on last night if you could belive the EPG.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

26 posts and no mention of...

Lol. Makes me laugh everytime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

The screen is a bit too busy for my liking and I dont like the way the background changes between yellow and black every so often.

The way that the show the managers in press conferences is better than sky though. The camera angle is more from the side rather than zoomed straight on in to their face.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, Sky SN wins Saturday afternoon. They'll have to fix the studio sound as well. Aircraft hanger ambience.

Mike.

• Advertisement
Advertisement