Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New N9 Kilkenny-Carlow section to start in 2008

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

will the bypass be motorway classified?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Bards

ipodrocker wrote: »
    will the bypass be motorway classified?

all discussed here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055137410&page=5

and yes it will open as Motorway

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

WOW!! Was down around bennetsbridge and the progess is phenomenal...
    Flyovers half built etc, reallyflying along. Would imagine a lot will be done by this time next year by this rate of progress

Anybody drive between KK and Waterford the past few days, they've put part of the flyover crossing the present road in place at Lukeswell.
    Looks a very impressive structure indeed :D.

mfitzy wrote: »
    Anybody drive between KK and Waterford the past few days, they've put part of the flyover crossing the present road in place at Lukeswell.
    Looks a very impressive structure indeed :D.

will be driving that way on Saturday, so must take a look:D

any bets on when this section opens. I fopr one reckon 1st Qtr 2009, and hopefully Roadbridge will have Knocktopher to Bennetsbridge completed at around the same time

• Advertisement

Bards wrote: »

any bets on when this section opens. I fopr one reckon 1st Qtr 2009, and hopefully Roadbridge will have Knocktopher to Bennetsbridge completed at around the same time

Yes I would say thats quite possible, definitely this time next year for Knockt to Waterford anyhow, not sure re the next stretch there as there is not going to be an interchange at Bbridge, possibly they'll get as far as Danesfort by aut 09??, would be great as Thomastown would be gone. Time will tell..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Bards wrote: »

I understood Knocktopher to Powerstown was been worked on as one complete section,there is no junction at Bennettsbridge so it wouldnt make any sense to stop there.
    Knocktopher to Powerstown/ Kilcullen to Castledermot sections should open in 2010 making one complete motorway from Dublin to Waterford,at the rate they are going I wouldnt be suprised if it is completed sooner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭harlem

I live near Knocktopher and they've closed a section of the road I live on so they can work on the new road.
    I got a letter from the builders recently to say they're a month ahead of schedule and they'll be opening the road I live on soon so hopefully the whole road is ahead of schedule.
    Fair play to them, they seem to be working hell for leather to get it finished asap, it should take about 15 mins each way off my daily commute so looking forward to its completion :)

hi5 wrote: »
    I understood Knocktopher to Powerstown was been worked on as one complete section,there is no junction at Bennettsbridge so it wouldnt make any sense to stop there.
    Knocktopher to Powerstown/ Kilcullen to Castledermot sections should open in 2010 making one complete motorway from Dublin to Waterford,at the rate they are going I wouldnt be suprised if it is completed sooner.

As Mfitzy pointed out, I meant of course Danesford as a GSJ is being located there, and not Bennitbridge as previously stated.

Advertisement