Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Updates on new or soon to be broadband enabled exchanges?

Options
  • 29-11-2007 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hello,

Does anyone know of anywhere/one a body could ring to find out about the status of the latest bunch of rural exchanges due to be enabled? (the ones announced in April)
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

Just found this tonight - the full list of exchanges for 2007.

http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/newsletter/downloads/Comms-to-AS-2007-Jan-07-Summary.xls

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Youngza

Cheers mcaul, I knew of those listed, but seemingly additional funding was made available allowing a further 319 exchanges to be enabled this and next year. I was wondering if there was a way to find out about those and how far (if at all) they were progressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Youngza wrote: »
    Cheers mcaul, I knew of those listed, but seemingly additional funding was made available allowing a further 319 exchanges to be enabled this and next year. I was wondering if there was a way to find out about those and how far (if at all) they were progressing.
    The 319 won't be enabled for a long time yet, definitely not till well into next year. The original 100 exchange list was realised well over a year ago and they only began doing them about 2-3 months ago and by my reckoning they are around half way through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

Yea and mine was one of the original 100, to be upgraded and it did. Great how do I sign up, I though to myself rang eircom ,you have to have a line to test ,fair enough, got the line waited a month and failure. What a load of **** ****, house is only a couple of years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

That link posted above is not accurate.

Use: http://mmm.eircom.ie/maps/default.asp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Grommet

I can confirm that eircom will begin the roll out of the newest list of sites (319 in total) in Jan/Feb 08. They plan to complete them over the following 15 months. I understand that they do not intend to publish the order in which they will roll these out as they need to complete surveys at them all before they can be sure exactly what upgrades will be required.

Advertisement