Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What Bulbs

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭smitas5

http://www.hid.lt/marius/
    just in case you have signatures disabled.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

Furet wrote: »
    Here is a question: when buying them, two bulbs come in a pack. Are these dims or full lights? Could I put them in either position?
    You can put them either position in most cars. My audi takes H7 is both for example.
    Another question - do the Philips bulbs last a long time?
    I have mine about 6 months without a problem
    And another: was I right to turn down the Halford's bulbs?
    Halford bulbs are probably OK but are only +30%, the phillips are better as they are +80%. Have a look at the autoexpress link in the previous page.

as for those xenon things for €160 they are probably illegal in this country and will blind other drivers. The phillips bulbs are 100% legal in the EU and are not coloured blue.

I got mine from this website.
    http://www.powerbulbs.com/

HID KIT's are legal as EC approved.

you can alway buy 4300K or 5000K HID to have it white.

if you blind the drivers in front of you it is not HID problem... it is your lamp adjustment problem. because HID bulb is designed differently it gives light through all the bulb unlike the halogen where light comes from the spring area only. that is why adjustment needed. well only for reflector lights. projector ones 99% are ok without any adjustment.
    also HID bulbs last at least 8 times longer, so it is not expensive. well you have to make sure you get warranty on it.
    Anyway. you have to try it for yourself before you start telling everyone that it's not this or it's not that.
    check another forums. read something about the technology of xenon gas. and then please do tell us what you think. Don't get me wrong I'm here to share info and to gain some too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    For comparison, how much is a HID conversion (for a Passat ideally) and is there anywhere in Dublin that does a good job at a fair price?
    Anyone have any suggestions on this? Supply and fit ideally.

Hi there,
    check the website in my signature. I'm around Dublin few days a week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

@smitas5, oblige me if you will.

Park a car that has these HIDs fitted 7 to 8 metres back from a wall at night, with the lights on low beam and shining on the wall.

Then take a photo of the pattern on the wall and post it here.

Now.. I just did like you asked me. have to warn you that my peugeot 406 has reflector light... which is not ideal... best result is on the projector type.
    -First picture is the difference between 8000K & halogen. (alignment not done)
    48688.JPG
    -Second one is the picture you requested with 6000K HID 35W
    48689.JPG
    Not sure what should I look for as I can see a lot more during the night and I don't really get flashes like I used to when I had halogens and tryed to aim them higher in order to see something on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Boots2006

Another vote here for philips xtreme power (+80%), I've had them in about 6 months on dipped beam only. Huge improvement in light output. They look slightly whiter than the full beams. I bought them off powerbulbs.co.uk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

Hi,
    I would like to get Osram H7 nightbreakers for my car. Will these bulbs fit into my Nissan Sunny?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

@smitas.

Question for you. PM sent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement