Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

are many facilities open on sundays?

Options
  • 30-11-2007 12:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

My dad wants to go down and take a look at UL. just to see the campus and if possible anything else he can. Sunday is the only day he can go there. After that its back off to indo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

the weekends are practically dead here.

the buildings will probably be closed accept for the library the arena is open and if ther eis a bohs match the sports bar will be open other than that there is nothing open at the weekends on campus and there is no1 around

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

The Main building is usually open 24/7 except maybe Christmas day :) but you have to enter through the main entrance in the Plaza. You can get the library opening hours from their site. The Arena is open all day Sunday AFAIK. The Sports Bar used to be open on Sundays for lunch. Maybe that has changed as Peak says. It's going to be much busier in the next few weekends as exams are approaching and people will be round the college hitting the books, so nows a good time to visit on a Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

PeakOutput wrote: »
    [...] and if ther eis a bohs match the sports bar will be open

I thought the Sports Bar was open every Sunday due to the trade they got from the Arena. People alway seem to be going for meals and stuff after games that might be there, swimming pool, gym, etc. Atleast, the Sports Bar always been open when I have been there on a Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Yeh I'm pretty sure the Sports Bar is open all weekend. Stables is open from 5, SU Shop is closed, main building will be open to have a wander around. Sure if he's down you can show him the living bridge, the Arena, Thomond Park from the University bridge etc, you should be occupied without much being open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Heliosvector

thanks for the info guys. I apreciate it.

• Advertisement

well we went down today. Turned out to be the most windy and wet day ever. Got to see most of the areas, except for the main resception with that big model airplane. The MAIN resception was like the only thing that seemed to be closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Turned out to be the most windy and wet day ever. .

Welcome to Limerick..wettest county in Ireland!!:D
    Or perhaps I just take notice of the weather more as I have to walk to college!

Anywho..glad most things were open anyway for ye! What you think of the place?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Got to see most of the areas, except for the main resception with that big model airplane. The MAIN resception was like the only thing that seemed to be closed.

That's not main reception, it's hidden under the mezzanine at the main entrance to the main building

Fast_Mover wrote: »
    Welcome to Limerick..wettest county in Ireland!!:D
    Or perhaps I just take notice of the weather more as I have to walk to college!

Anywho..glad most things were open anyway for ye! What you think of the place?

well i loved it. it fealt like an american college. Later on i discovered thats what it was built like at first, with more european/irish architecture added later. I dont know if any of you noticed me. I was wearing all brown/green walking with my like 7ft dad who looks like a caveman in a leather jacket.

I walked into the library and it was kind of scary. Every computer was being used and there was complete silence except the noise of clicking keyboards.

I swear i was expecting everyone to look up at us with tired glowing eyes while still typing from our intrusion.

The pool is amazing! its huge! I even like the specifically made accomodations so close. I think i will really enjoy my time there in UL.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

You should do most people I know are having a ball (apart from the whole 4th year thing but we'll get over that)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

cooperguy wrote: »
    You should do most people I know are having a ball (apart from the whole 4th year thing but we'll get over that)

I'm still having a ball. The 'whole 4th year thing' is an added nuisance, but we learn to live. One word answer to the FYP(:eek:): JANUARY! :D

Nah, UL kicks ass. It's depressing to think that I'm going into my final semester. Ever. Depressing. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

fourth years are the drunkest students on campus like they even gave us pretty much our own night in the lodge on a Tuesday.. best night in the lodge ... and everyone gettin durnk with the thoughts of FYP.. im happy mine aint due til week 11... but will be drunk for week1 with all those handing theirs up that week.. should be fun semester 2 wont start official for fourth years till Feb 4th earliest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Nutty wrote: »
    fourth years are the drunkest students on campus like they even gave us pretty much our own night in the lodge on a Tuesday.. best night in the lodge ... and everyone gettin durnk with the thoughts of FYP.. im happy mine aint due til week 11... but will be drunk for week1 with all those handing theirs up that week.. should be fun semester 2 wont start official for fourth years till Feb 4th earliest

Watch out for Week 4 as well - all the humanities FYPs are handed up then.

WEEk 4 FFS!

Advertisement