Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilpedder Interchange

Options
  • 30-11-2007 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Anyone know when they are due to open the Kilpedder interchange?

Thank You

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

December according to the papers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

Looks like a remarkable job and well constucted. The ammount of after hours spent on it and the relative speed (compared to M50 joke) makes you wonder if the constuction company's(sisk) vested interest in the marina project has somehow sped it up. It looks like it was a big job the way it was done, actually excavating under an existing road. Fishdog, you probably know the engineering terminology for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

Fishdog, you probably know the engineering terminology for it.

Yeah it is called "making a mountain out of a mole hill!!":D:D:D

Any other civilised country this would be such a minor project they would have completed this job over a long weekend!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Hopefully by the end of December.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49 mcgiggy

I don't think you realise the size of the project Fishdog - not very fair to those working on it

• Advertisement

I don't think you realise the size of the project Fishdog - not very fair to those working on it

I realise the size of the project. Honestly that is a small interchange by euopean standards.

I was only cracking a joke anyway, lighten up!!:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

id say it will be open for the new year seem to be just finishing the south bound exit to greystones & tidying up, surfacing the road

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭FirstIn

So close, but it doesn't look like it will be open now till 2008!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

I've heard the interchange is to open in the next week or so. Is this true? Anyone hear any dates?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭future_plans

Any dog on the street could give you as accurate an answer as anybody!! Who knows! :) You can never foresee unforeseen delays!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Any dog on the street could give you as accurate an answer as anybody!! Who knows! :) You can never foresee unforeseen delays!!:D

True, but they are on schedule the finish date is 1st Quarter 2008 National Roads Authority

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

what I think is gas is when you get off going southbound on the N11 and at the first roundabout (Dan Morrisey's) there are three lanes entering but only two lanes on the roundabout!...I can't wait for the confusion to ensue!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭woodser

There will only be two. The three of five that I assume you are looking at at present will be split -one will be for the south bound slip single lane. Two lanes will be for traffic underpassing to take exit northbound or straight through to willow grove.The other two will be from willow grove coming through to greystones and traffic southbound exiting n11 for greystones I must admit if you look at at present it is pretty confusing what ifind even more startling is that the exit for Greystones must be at a 60 degree angle wait for the frosty mornings,SM Morris could end up with afew Evil Kenivils

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

woodser wrote: »
    The other two will be from willow grove coming through to greystones and traffic southbound exiting n11 for greystones I must admit if you look at at present
    3 into 2 doesn't go!
    woodser wrote: »
    SM Morris could end up with afew Evil Kenivils
    The missus has already made me get rid of the bike, its gonna have to be dukes of hazard instead!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Does anyone know when this masterpiece is going to open???

Dick Roche to open, Friday 7th March.

ian_m wrote: »
    Gee! I hope he doesn't get run over. It would be such a loss to the county/country.

Sure isnt he a great lad!
    I hope he doesn't get run over
    Once that does not happen before opening the road I could learn to live with it!

With all that grey hair. Just add a tyre skid mark and he might pass for a badger. Traffic could continue as normal.

To any Badgers online. No offence meant with the comparison.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Maisy

lmao - great to see a bit of pleasant levity.... for a change lol !!!!!!

And roll on the 7th !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

...what time??!! i'll be headin northbound home @ 4 o clock ??

Well you cant miss him. He'll be standing there telling anyone dumb enough to listen about how good he is. Put a little cross fire symbol on your windsreen.

slickmcvic wrote: »
    ...what time??!! i'll be headin northbound home @ 4 o clock ??

I don't know. I heard it on the radio.

How long before someone ploughs into the signage at the bottom of the southbound exit? It's a tight corner and a steep dip coming off the N11.

How long before someone ploughs into the signage at the bottom of the southbound exit? It's a tight corner and a steep dip coming off the N11.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Dickie, the ribbon is at the signage at the bottom of the southbound exit. Stand just in front of the signage and hold it there. Yes that great. Screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeech! That's about the most productive thing you've ever done and by far and away the most funny. Now could we use this photo for the story we are about to run about Badgers and traffic?

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

They normally open the roads about 11am. Then they all toddle off and have a nice big lunch in the Marriott or somewhere - all on us of course.

Leave Dick alone - he's a hero

:p

Leave Dick alone - he's a hero

:p
    Yes. so he says.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

....used it last night northbound....geat job!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Yes indeed great job, is the 2 way system now in place under Barry's bridge? I'll probably see for myself tomorrow, but just curious.

Oh, anyone else notice the number of lights that are not working along the SAR, I wonder why they are so slow to replace the blown bulbs. Actually is this road under Wicklow Co Co control or is it still with the developers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement