Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilpedder Interchange

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 APG

It's open at last !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Bit of a smash there today already and its barely open a day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭woodser

FirstIn wrote: »
    Yes indeed great job, is the 2 way system now in place under Barry's bridge? I'll probably see for myself tomorrow, but just curious.

Oh, anyone else notice the number of lights that are not working along the SAR, I wonder why they are so slow to replace the blown bulbs. Actually is this road under Wicklow Co Co control or is it still with the developers.
    Its still under developer control and will be for some time.Theres talk of the handover coming only when the new roundabout above Eden gate goes in for Edengate /Eden Wood access and the works required on it for Charlesland phase 2 which got the green light recently all 3 objections failed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭future_plans

woodser wrote: »
    Its still under developer control and will be for some time.Theres talk of the handover coming only when the new roundabout above Eden gate goes in for Edengate /Eden Wood access and the works required on it for Charlesland phase 2 which got the green light recently all 3 objections failed.

Are they putting a new roundabout in at the Eden Gate entrance? Why wasn't this done when they were building the road in the first place??

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭drag0n79

Are they putting a new roundabout in at the Eden Gate entrance? Why wasn't this done when they were building the road in the first place??

Probably to stop people using it as a shortcut to get onto N11 northbound through Delgany.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Quadra

That's exactly it.

The Priorty Road residents saw it as a big potential rat-run from the main roundabout at the end of the SAR, and to be honest, I can't blame them.

At the time (2005), the Prioriy road surface was like a moonscape with all the construction traffic (...in fact like Kilcoole main street up to a few weeks ago). It's since been resurfaced.

When Eden Gate was launched - and the SAR had yet to be finished - you could swing right into Eden Gate and then on to Priory road. It was busy alright, most of the traffic NOT turning into Eden Gate.

I hear that the Gaters residents assoc. is lobbying for a dedicated roundabout now.

Given there's 7 roundabouts between the interchange and Greystones, may as well throw in another, eh.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Lumbarda

woodser wrote: »

When did you hear this about Charlesland Phase 2, Woodser? I just checked on the Bord Pleanala website and there's no update, says the decision is due 30/04/08.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

What a Ridicolous interchange coming down off the ramp southbound and theres some ehit walking there dog and noticed today pedestrian sign i mean its a tad dangerous you cant see anyone till there out on the road :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭woodser

Lumbarda wrote: »
    When did you hear this about Charlesland Phase 2, Woodser? I just checked on the Bord Pleanala website and there's no update, says the decision is due 30/04/08.

There was no decision .The supervalu objection failed on the grounds that it had nothing to do with planning. Its basis was on retail strategy with which the board has no statutory say in so it was deemed invalid.The second submission from an individual was submitted on an a4 and had no specific objections that could be considered.Pizzaro withdrew its objection in a deal with Zapi concerning their new Bray town centre.So therefore the board have nothing to rule on. Source the planning office in W.C.C.
    B.T.W. see that planning has been lodged for two new schools in Blacklion opposite Lidl.Makes no sense every body will still have to cross Greystones to get to them

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

theres 5 appellants (+Zapi themselves) listed on the pleanala site.
    Wicklow County Council

10 year permission for district shopping centre, offices, 260 residential units, car parking, creche, primary school, garda station, recycling centre and associated site development works.

Case reference: PL27 .226988

Case type: Planning Appeal

Parties

* Zapi Properties Limited. (Applicant)

* Mary Daly. (Appellant)
        * Charlie Keedy. (Appellant)
        * Pizarro Development Limited. (Appellant)
        * RGDATA (Appellant) (Invalid-no acknowl.s.127(1)e)
        * Zapi Properties Limited. (Appellant) (Invalid-Fee)
        * Arthur Cox (Appellant) 

History

* 17/12/2007: Lodged

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Veering off course now.

There are other threads for development.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Veering off course now.

There are other threads for development.
    Woodser, you just can't help yourself!

I've asked you to keep the thread on-topic and take this matter to a more appropriate thread.

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement