Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Locations in Offaly

Options
  • 30-11-2007 4:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi. Looking to get married next year and was wondering if anybody could recommend any good hotels? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

what part of offaly?

there is the bridgehouse hotel and tullamore court hotel in tullamore. was at weddings in both the bridge and court and they were good craic.

Dooleys hotel and the county arms in birr. was in a wedding in dooleys this year and it was good craic too,not too big, very nice!

Kinnitty castle in Kinnitty a few miles outside birr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jugan

there is a limo company in killurine and a shop that rents bridal wear in market place tullamore; weddings are well catered for in offaly.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

I've been at so many weddings in Offaly its a bit unreal.

Out of the venues mentioned above I think the best is the Tullamore Court.
    Sure Kinnitty Castle is probably the nicest venue but for a hastle free day the court is better. I've always found that the staff make an extra effort for the weddings and the food is always top notch. The bridge house i think is a disapointment. It looks good from the new entrance but the staff always seem to treat your sedding like an inconvinence to them. No real effort put into it. Plus at the last two weddings that i was at in the bridge our party was moved out of the reception area only 20 minutes after arriving due to another wedding arriving. The brides were none to happy with the way all there guests were hearded out. Bit like closing time at a pub

Dooleys is a nice hotel but the food is not the best. Only been at one event in the county arms since it was done up. I think it lost alot of its charachter when they changed the look of the building but I think the food is spot on. There is also alot of room inside.

Hope some of that helps.

Advertisement