Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help make it a great christmas for my girlfriend...small translation please!

Options
  • 30-11-2007 9:26am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone,
    I'm trying to organise it so my gfs mum and sister can come stay with us for christmas. Although her sister has great English, her mum has none. She has been here before but not for Christmas.

I could easily ask her sis to translate for her mum, but I dont want to put her mum in a bad situation if she cannot (and therefore they both cannot) come over.

So if anyone could translate this asap, I would be very grateful.

Hi Mam,
    I hope you are well. I had someone translate this for me. I was wondering if you and Dorota would like to come over here to Ireland for Christmas? Anna does not know about it-it is a surprise! I will be paying for the flights and ye can stay here with us! I have told my mum, and ye can also join us for dinner at my parents house on Christmas Day 25th December.

The reason I did not ask Dorota to ask you is because if you could not go for any reason, Dorota might see you as 'being mean".

It would be great to see both of you! If ye cannot come for any reason, then it is ok! I know you are busy with your job and ye may have other plans.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭andala

FutureGuy wrote: »

Hi Mam,
    I hope you are well. I had someone translate this for me. I was wondering if you and Dorota would like to come over here to Ireland for Christmas? Anna does not know about it-it is a surprise! I will be paying for the flights and ye can stay here with us! I have told my mum, and ye can also join us for dinner at my parents house on Christmas Day 25th December.

The reason I did not ask Dorota to ask you is because if you could not go for any reason, Dorota might see you as 'being mean".

It would be great to see both of you! If ye cannot come for any reason, then it is ok! I know you are busy with your job and ye may have other plans.

Witam,
    Mam nadzieję, że ma się Pani dobrze. Ktoś mi to przetłumaczył. Zastanawiam się czy Pani i Dorota chciałyby przyjechać tu do Irlandii na Boże Narodzenie. Anna nic o tym nie wie - to niespodzianka! Ja zapłacę za bilety i możecie się u nas zatrzymać! Już uprzedziłem moją mamę i możecie zjeść z nami świąteczny obiad u moich rodziców 25 grudnia.

Nie poprosiłem Doroty żeby Was zaprosiła, ponieważ gdybyście z jakiegoś powodu nie mogły przyjechać, to mogłaby Wam zarzucić złośliwość.

Świetnie było by zobaczyć Was obie! Jeśli nie możecie z jakiegoś powodu, to nie ma sprawy! Wiem, że jesteście zajęte pracą i możecie mieć inne plany.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The romantic in me wonders how this went - is she coming over?

Advertisement