Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homevision

• 30-11-2007 10:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭

Has anybody taken up their broadband service, what's it like?

I'm in D24 and have lost patience with NTL and am looking to switch to a reliable provider who provide an uncontended service. I don't need a phone line so they seem the only option open to me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

masterK wrote: »
    I'm in D24 and have lost patience with NTL and am looking to switch to a reliable provider who provide an uncontended service. I don't need a phone line so they seem the only option open to me.

I thought you needed a phone line for Homevision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

You do but their site says their 2MB broadband package is €28.99 including line rental. I won't use the phone so don't won't to have to pay standard Eircom line rental on top of the broadband price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 dgaspar

Hi,
    Is there anyone from Crosbies Yard... and having problems with HomeVision broadband?
    DG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭saffron22

I have had temporary patches applied but if the router is rebooted these patches are lost. I keep on getting the same response that they are fixing these issues any day now

• Registered Users Posts: 2 colako

paulm17781 wrote: »
    I thought you needed a phone line for Homevision.

You would be hard pushed to understand what you need from Homevision. They say you can get broadband only but it comes via a phone line so it would appear that you do need a line. Then they say it's wireless, then it's not then it is! They sent me 2 routers, switched my Eircom broadband and left me with nothing, no internet, no phone.....They dont return calls, havnt got a clue what they're talking about when you call....honestly, they almost went as fat as asking me if my screen was warm (you know the old IT joke with the new guy in the office). That's how bad they are. It's been a month now and they havnt done anything. It's got to teh point where I do not call them anymore because I will just get crazy. I have made a complaint to the regulator and I urge anybody else having problems to do the same. They give out the licences and should be taking them away from cowboys who are not fit to operate and try and take money for a service they can't provide. The only way the regulator will get involved is if they get enough complaints about them.

• Advertisement

Just put a mail into info@regtel.ie asking for advice and stating the problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

saffron22 wrote: »
    Just put a mail into info@regtel.ie asking for advice and stating the problem

Is Regtel not premium rate numbers? I would think it is Comreg who regulate them.

Took the easy way and just sent another to comreg consumerline@comreg.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭bb27

dgaspar wrote: »
    Hi,
    Is there anyone from Crosbies Yard... and having problems with HomeVision broadband?
    DG

Hi Guys,
    We got stung with Homevision as the exclusive provider to an apartment complex we moved into recently.
    Avoid, avoid, avoid is all I can say. Worst provider by a longshot, their packages don't represent value, especially when they never work to the speeds you've paid for. If they gave it free, it's not value as the broadband & Tv service is forever disrupted and customer service is a complete joke. Funny enough bills always arrive in full on time and I've even been hit with charges for being a week late. I should charge them when their service is so ****e.
    I've contacted Comreg, regtel, Competition authority..... they're all full of crap too. I agree licences shouldn't be given out to shams like Homevision.
    Seriously and from an unbiased viewpoint I would strongly advisde anyone that's got a choice (unlike me!) to opt for anyone but Homevision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭MGLman

bb27 wrote: »
    Worst provider by a longshot, their packages don't represent value, especially when they never work to the speeds you've paid for.

Totally agree with this. Menu is totally joke. The software and hardware provided is like a kids toy. Only channel up and down works out of 100 button on the remote.

Breaks up often, get slower as it gets later.
    Funny enough bills always arrive in full on time and I've even been hit with charges for being a week late. I should charge them when their service is so ****e.

They are bang on time and any delay will result in disconnectio. Damn good control system but with no customer service...

Hope here is someone from HV and comment on their defiecncies... !!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

UPC is the way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭urbanachiever1

I would stay away from Homevision. They managed to cold call my 65 yr old mother and talked her into a contract she dosen't need. Despite her phone number being ex directory and National Directory Database Opt-Out registered. The broadband is painfully slow, and the customer support dreadful. I can't get an answer from them as to the contention ratio of her broadband service ie. the amount of people the line is shared with. On the FAQ page of their website the answer to
    Is HomeVision’s broadband affected by contention? is missing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Just got a phonecall off them, they sound dodgy but i take it it's all legit? I just make funny noises down the phone at them as they ring about once a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭MGLman

Tell me that you are not F***** the worst broadband service provider!!!!!! and prove it!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement